Pit Girl Gameplays

Discussion in 'Super MNC Gameplay Videos' started by kvalheim, August 2, 2012.

1. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no
  2. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Salomdi made it to American TV? NICE! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  3. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I'm just not sure I can keep 23:22 with enough content xD I'll try tonight to see what I can do. Any advice how to commentate?
  4. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Have topics prepared. Don't just try to wing everything. Maybe write out the introduction or first minute or so, then improv about the content as much as possible. During parts that you know will be boring (such as the period after the push from first Anni) fall back to the prepared content. The prepared stuff doesn't have to be pre-planned or even structured (though that's recommended), just have something you can talk about at length. Combat Girl play tips, general game sense, whatever really. Try to keep it content relevant but it's not really important as long as it's interesting.
  5. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

You practice, you replay it to yourself, if you find something wrong and that you can do it better do it again, replay, do same thing until you think it is decent and edit it as you like.
  6. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Also your topic should be somehow related to the gameplay or at least the game in general. It might just be me, but if that's not the case either the video or the commentary will seem redundant. I know this should be obvious, it seems like there are a lot of people who do it.
    Last edited: June 7, 2013
  7. kvalheim

Yeah, I'm probably not going to do a video on Super MNC and halfway through start diverting onto my thoughts on the current political turmoil in Syria
  8. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Well, I've watched several MNC commentarys about the commentator's weekend, his nightmares and some weird incident with a school bus, oh and not to forget his day in the schoolyard patrol. I just want to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
  9. kvalheim

If people want to listen to stuff not related to the game whatsoever, they can watch Game Grumps.
  10. kvalheim

I'm too nervous to start commentating :O
  11. zoly

zoly Member

He-he, i tried one or two times, jet again stayed with the recording a full game Mumble speaking*LiveCommentary* instaed of narrating

I think my voice isnt suitable for that , i sound a bit wierd when listening it back. :S
    plus what to talk about during a game ... hmm... i always ask people what do they want to hear ... 0 ancwer , so thats the other reason i dont do those anymore and started making Montages*

Trying wont hurt, maybe u can pull it of nicely. Give it a shoot :)
  12. kvalheim

13. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

it says it is private
  14. kvalheim

Oh weird, dunno how that happened. I never set it to that
  15. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

It is not bad for the first time. Did you actually make this commentary wichout a pause?
    Personally, if you don't mind me saying, most of the time you sounded like you were giving a pure tutorial, try to show a bit more emotion, that is a part where video becomes kinda unique.
  16. kvalheim

Yeah, I did it all in one go. It's hard for me to listen to my own recording and give myself feedback because I hate listening to myself. Personal reasons, everyone knows.
  17. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

I really suggest you listening to yourself and try taking breaks since you are showing a demo you can take this as an advantage, it will help you a lot. Not bad for one go, you did the first step and there is nothing but getting better for this point on.
  18. zoly

zoly Member

this video is very usefull but when u say the jumpy spunky weeeeell i think diffrently in this.
    because i find spunky lightning more usefull. ( its because of ceilings, i hate them! )
    my turbo setup :1 Generous Kill ( because even if i kill steal, i still heal them)
    2 Massive Air ( small movement boost , works better with spunky Lightning)
    3 Spunky Lightning ( works good for escapes or even for offence use)

and the laser predictions, well u cant win them all :D
    like my signature says : Practice and skill...

Keep up the good gaming, thumbs up.
    ( i skipped the bouring parts , sorry )
    p.s.: i hope u saw mine videos :$
  19. kvalheim

I use Spunky Lightning in my Tank build.
    My super cereal tank build that consists of Spunky Jumpy, Spunky Lightning and Massive Air.

I just find jumpy more useful because being able to just spring away is more reliable because it's less predictable than just moving faster.

I know, there were a lot of boring parts xD
  20. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Just a note on jumpy: if there's a decent sharpshooter on the enemy team, don't jump using it in front of them. It makes you extremely easy to hit. I've even seen very good players do this quite a lot.