PA Titans freezes PC after a few seconds

Discussion in 'Support!' started by amorc, January 14, 2018.

1. amorc

amorc New Member

Hello,

I need help for PA Titans. I bought the game via Steam. After starting the game I get to the menu and a few seconds later my whole PC freezes or restart.

I attached the DXDiag file and the latest log file.

Attached Files:

2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

@amorc Try updating your graphics driver.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

There is another person with a similar setup of Gigabyte motherboard / AMD 8350 / GTX 960.

Take a look at:
    Do you have LiveKernel hardware failure events for the system level crash reboots in the windows event viewer?

I don't see any PA crashes in your dxdiag or logs. I do see crashes for portal2, space engineers, planet explorer, northguard, serious sam, etc.

Both of these look like hardware / driver issues caused by any of the following:
    • out of date drivers
    • out of date motherboard BIOS
    • bad / incompatible RAM
    • overclocking
    • insufficient voltage / faulty power supply
    • faulty GPU or bad GPU driver install
  4. amorc

amorc New Member

The graphics driver was outdated so I updated it. But the game still doesn't work.

I haven't found any hardware faliure logs but I attached two log files from the system.

I'm wondering that there are crashes for other games because these games run without any problems or errors.

Attached Files:

5. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

The big difference is none of those other games are OpenGL.

PA will also push your hardware to the max so any underlying hardware / driver issues are more likely to appear.

Looks like you have very similar systems (maybe different BIOS version / motherboard?) and it's the same issue on both Windows 10 and 8.1 so not much more I can suggest.

You could also submit driver feedback to Nvidia to see if it's a known issue with the hardware combo:
  6. amorc

amorc New Member

I'm running out of options. I checked the RAM and no issues were found. I reinstalled the graphics driver using DDU...

Absolutely nothing ssems to work.

I'm going to follow your advice and contact NVIDIA.

I don't understand, why the game isn't working. I have played the game (PA not Titans but PA causes the same problem) in 2014 with the same pc and there were no issues.

[UPDATE]
    I fixed the issue with my computer. After I tested every hardware component I found out, that the memory of my graphic card was damaged, so I replaced it with an "Asus GeForce 1060 GTX".

After this, the game still didn't work. A few day ago I set up for some other reasons a "Linux Mint 18.3 OS". When I installed the game on Linux everything works fine.

I think the issue is caused by the Windows OS, but I didn't find out why.

Anyway since I'm playing the game on Linux no errors occurred.

The thread can be closed.

Thanks everyone for the support :)
    Last edited: February 5, 2018