PA:T does not start through steam, starts without problem without steam

Discussion in 'Support!' started by maba27, October 5, 2016.

1. maba27

maba27 New Member

I can start it by going to the folder and running PA, but then I'm not logged in.

Starting it through steam does not work at all. It briefly opens an empty window and then imediatly closes.
    This is very annoying. I bought it with a friend and we were gonna play together.
    I googled around, it's probably outdated steam libraries but if that's the case, I have no idea which one.

Attached Files:

2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

When you launch the game directly there should be boxes on the top left for username and password. You could try logging in with your steam username and password, see what happens.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

What operating system and version?
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, the log crashes just before the audiosystem is supposed to initialize, so it's probably the alsa libraries. Try this: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Crashing_in_Ubuntu_16.04_when_using_Steam
  5. maba27

maba27 New Member

The log in is a dead end, it wants an activation key but there's none if you buy it through steam. My uber account is linked to my steam account, so that's not it.

When googling the problem I did encounter the libasound solution but I cant get it working on mine, there is no libasound file to replace. Maybe that's the problem. I'll see if I can copy paste it in from somewhere else on my system.

edit:
    correction, the libasound solution I found while googling focused on PA:T, the solution linked by DeathByDenim focuses on steam itself and that did the trick. It works. Thanks.