Official PA Modders Application

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by garat, June 11, 2013.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've just submitted an application - the form didn't allow me to enter much additional info, as I personally have zero experience with modding, but I had intended this to be an application on behalf of the Realm as a modding community.

We already have a number of projects in the planning stages for PA modding - most of which are publicly visible on our site.

I appreciate that it is a fairly 'fluid' entity to be granted any sort of 'official modder' status in that people join and sometimes leave. However we anticipate using a repo system integrated into our website which should ensure that, even though contributors may change over time, the content should be consistent.

We have a number of experienced modders on board, several of whom I see have already applied individually above.
  2. evilc1

evilc1 New Member

I notice that in the application form, if you answer "no" to "Do you have modding experience", you get no further questions.

I presume that this means that these positions are not available to people without prior modding experience?

I have no prior experience of modding, but I am a professional coder and have past experience of the game development industry (QA / Tools coding).

I am contemplating a project of rather large scope (A fundamental change in the way you interact with the game), as detailed in a post I made, but which I cannot link due to new user restrictions.
    The post ID is 56218 ("Feasibility of major interface functionality changes?" in this same subforum)

Is it worth me applying?
    iddoo likes this.
  3. midspark

midspark Member

I would like to second this question. I am a CS major fluent in python and other languages and was wondering if the mod dev applications were still opened/being looked at
    patrickkidd likes this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Why is this useless thread of uselessness still stickied?
  5. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Is applying still required? Are there any C++ source files provided?
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

No and no. This thread is old, pre-dating modding as we know it afaik. It seems to be just to gauge interest, but by all means apply just incase they revisit it when it comes to creating an official mod platform.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

@jables looking at some old sticky threads here is there any need for this still to be sticky?
  8. jables

jables Uber Employee

Na, I'll unsticky it.
    stuart98 likes this.