Official Debug Thread: Can't Launch The Game Community Fixes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 10, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You have outdated video drivers:
    You need to download and install "Win64_15338.exe" from Intel website:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405
    Vascar likes this.
  2. Vascar

Vascar New Member

@SXX

After a day's worth of wasted time I found out that the current install of the driver is the only one that can work on my laptop. the one you have found is incompatible with it for some idiotic reason. Any other suggestions?
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then you have download ZIP version of driver and manually install driver though Device Manager.

Here is Intel how-to:
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm
  4. ass3rtiv3

ass3rtiv3 New Member

So I bought the game Today and I'm also getting the "pa.exe has stopped working" errror.
    After doing everything in the list of OPs post I still can't get it to work...

Log and DxDiag below.

Attached Files:

5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

First if you just updated your drivers make sure you restart your computer.

Then if you bought game though Steam and it's still not working try to get it though Uber launcher:
    https://store.uberent.com/Download/Install?titleId=4

Also make sure that you don't have any non-English characters in path to game directory.
  6. ass3rtiv3

ass3rtiv3 New Member

Did everything you said and the directory shouldn't be the problem, that's why I'm wondering why it isn't working... I literally tried everything I could find.
  7. ass3rtiv3

ass3rtiv3 New Member

Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm just sitting here on my wasted 40$.
    There is absolutely no chance that there's no solution for this problem.
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Sorry that I only answered slowly, just was away from home and didn't checked this topic.
    Hint: quote my message when posting and then I'll get notification about new reply. ;)

About your problem, please check this instruction:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/648814845443326834/
    Then remove old logs, run game though launcher again, get new crash dump ID and upload crash dump on forums.
  9. ass3rtiv3

ass3rtiv3 New Member

Alright, here is the new Dump.

Attached Files:

10. rdlc1983

rdlc1983 New Member

I got the same error message like most of you.
    I installed PA on steam and the normal installation. Both gave the same error.
    I un-installed PA on steam and re-installed it, and PA did start again, but now everytime I start a game (both on steam and through the normal installation) and the loading light goes from red to yellow, the game quits with the same error message: "PA.exe has stopped working..."
    I checked if my video drivers are outdated but they are up to date.
    So this is what I found out so far...
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Just want to give short update on your crash. Your crash happen inside Coherent UI and there extra information required to debug problem, but probably it's not yet possible to get required information with current version of game.

This probably only happen after next game update, but when developers find out how exactly you can collect information they need I'll let you know.

For now you can try to install PA though Uber launcher and then try to run 32-bit version of game, e.g PA.exe located in "bin_x86" directory. If that worked please send me personal message on forums and and I'll explain how you can improve your experience with 32-bit version of game. That it's just temporary workaround, but that might work.
  12. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

I got Pa.exe stopped working.

Here's my dxdiag.

Attached Files:

13. Shizzlenit

Shizzlenit New Member

So like my game works fine till i press start game , after that i keep getting this "PA.exe had stopped working" like i just wanna play the game man, somebody please help

Attached Files:

14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Your graphics drivers are almost three years old. Try updating those:
    Code:
    Driver Date/Size: 6/14/2011 10:34:16, 708608 bytes
  15. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Disabling windows aero has solved alot of amd graphics related problems from the test me and my friends have been doing.

Also disconnecting your computer from arouter and just run from modem cures server problems as well.

Last thing we noticed is this game doesnt like Avast anti-virus shields running in the back ground. Also disable windows defender.

Thanks,
  16. torvenral

torvenral New Member

Hello,
    I had to format my pc and reinstall windows, before that everything worked perfectly to me, now I get that "stopped working" error when I hit the play button. Using win7 64 bit, and the version downloaded from Origin. Please look at my Dxdiag, maby I forgot to install some important thing, but I cant really figure out what it is.Thx for help.

Attached Files:

17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

From your DxDiag:
    You need to update your display drivers.
  18. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

19. torvenral

torvenral New Member

Updating integrated graphic card driver solved it for me, thanks for the advice.
    mkrater likes this.
  20. pyrogunx

pyrogunx New Member

Just purchased the game from steam... everytime I hit the "Play" button, nothing happens. No error messages, nadda.

I also tried going straight to the PA.exe, same result. Nothing ever loads, no error message appears.

Checked graphics, dx version, i'm running W7 64bit, have plenty of ram, etc. Not sure what else to do, but definitely a bummer.