Newish P.A player looking for a UK clan for fun times...and maybe more.

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by parge, September 8, 2014.

1. parge

parge Member

Hello all,

I’m a PA player from London, UK, looking to join a clan so I have some extra people to play with. Have played a few battles with friends online, but I mostly play a lot of SP, since I prefer to play in teams online, or not at all.

In the past I’ve played TA and SupCom, but only against AI, and I’d really like to team up, improve my skills and have a blast with likeminded RTS fans. I’d say I’m pretty rubbish right now, due to going away and coming back to the game a few times since I got beta access.

I’m looking for a clan with a few UK members, not because I’m some kind of psychotic xenophobe, but because it makes communication and organising matches easier :)

Thanks all.

Parge
  2. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I think that like half of the players in Promethean are from the uk. You can find more information about us here https://forums.uberent.com/threads/promethean-clan-recruitment.60921/page-2

The Realm also has a lot uk members https://forums.uberent.com/threads/the-realm.52600/

To join promethean you just need to join our teamspeak ^^ which you can find in the first link. I don't know how it works in the realm, but i think it works about the same. Realm has a lot more members though, but they also play other games.
  3. warmax

warmax New Member

4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Or you can pull a IGN and joint a clan, then never play online! :p
    cmdrflop likes this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Those stats are wrong, Max, it's much more evenly distributed than that :p

Besides, shoo, we're not supposed to poach people from the LFAC forum :p
  6. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

You have edited your clan tag more often than that you have played with the clan :D
    xankar and igncom1 like this.
  7. trialq

trialq Post Master General

The realm has a lot of members and is the obvious choice, but now that clan stuff seems to be gaining some traction it may be better to go somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if the realm ended up fielding two teams into clan stuff, just because they have so many members. Really what I'm saying is, go where you want. I hope this non-post helps :p
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Realm is not the obvious choice! Here at Promethean we have a lot more love and dutch cookies. We are basically one big happy familiy! We also don't lie about our stats like realm does :p
  9. trialq

Hey, I'm half-assedly suggesting he checks everyone out. Like a good boy :cool:
  10. parge

parge Member

Thanks y'all!

The Realm seems quite active and also a large amount of UK members, so I've applied to join on their forums.
  11. cwarner7264

You said you were British, right? ;)
  12. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Haha the thread title almost looked like a lonely hearts column.
    What's a good clan to join for a UK player who can't often do voice chat? I have mumble and could get team speak, whatever it is, but I often can't chat due to babies or partners :/
  13. trialq

Team speak is chat like mumble. I use team speak without a mic, you can hear others and respond with text. It works ok up until you try playing team games, which can be annoying as you rely on using team chat in game.
    drz1 likes this.
  14. cwarner7264

I'm going to start a Kickstarter to get you a microphone. If it ends up like the potato salad guy, you'll have the best damn microphone money can buy.
    mishtakashi, Fr33Lancer and Raevn like this.
  15. trialq

I have one, I'm just not used to speaking when on my computer. It feels weird, and a lot of the time I can't anyway as it's late at night.

Plus it can be fun annoying the "audible ones".
    drz1 likes this.
  16. parge

parge Member

Yes, but my GF was a yank, and I picked it up from her. Quite like it. :)
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Your welcome to play with Promethean, just use text chat in team speak to organise games. Like yourself I've often got RL stuff going on that makes voice chat impractical :p Ideally if you have headphones you can listen into the voice chat though (which is handy in team games for co-ordination)... We're pretty flexible on all that.

Edit: Also if you don't have a mic enabled people often forget you can still *hear* the voice chat... so I sat in the oppositions channel (promethean vs promethean) and it was just hilarious listening to them when I dropped a moon on top of their base :p
    drz1 likes this.
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Thanks, where can I find more info on the clan?
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Here's link to our website (contact page) https://sites.google.com/site/prometheanpa/contact

If you want to meet up for a game jump into our TS server (details in link above). There's also plenty of other info on the site (although it is a bit out of date).

Final place is out dedicated thread:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/promethean-clan-recruitment.60921/

As I said we're pretty informal, the main requirements are an interest in PA and a friendly attitude towards everyone :)
    drz1 likes this.