Name Constantly Changing 73823

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Nicb1, October 12, 2014.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I've been having this problem for a long time and It has yet to be fixed.
    I would like to change my ingame name, although every time I restart PA or finish a match my name resets to nicb1. If there are any logs you guys need me to provide let me know. Hopefully I have posted in the correct section.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited: October 12, 2014
  2. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

This was supposed to be fixed.
    When I tested it, it turned out tha the login-relay of the uber launcher seems to override the display name with the login name. Not sure if they ever fixed that sub-bug.
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Just made another test. It appears that the Uber Launcher version of the game is ignoring your changed Display Name.
    However it no longer overwrites a differently set display name with the username, undoing the changes made in the Steam Version.
  4. Nicb1

Ok so I'm assuming that this issue is exclusive to the Non-Steam version of the game?

If so I hope that Uber can take a quick look at this issue when they get the chance to.
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

The issues seems to only happen if the Uber-launcher relays the login information directly into the PA.exe via commandline parameters.
    Directly starting the PA.exe and loggin in from inside has the display name work properly.
  6. Nicb1

Ok, I just tested the game using the PA.exe instead of the default uber launcher or PAMM and the name that I wanted to change to changed properly. The moment I go back to either using the Uber launcher or PAMM the name resets to nicb1 though.
  7. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

A similar thing is happening to me, where my Display Name is slightly different than my Username, only when I go to UberEnt.com to change my Display Name now, it won't even allow me to change it anymore (I used to be able to). The link between Username and Display Name seems to be somewhat broken now. I see this when I go to the Replay browser. It can't find any of my games if I choose the "My Games Only" filter. Even though I have a recent game that shows in the default "All Recent Games" view, it does not show in the Replay list if "My Games Only" is selected.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Changing your Display Name should be done in-game now. I think the uberent.com way is broken. The changing of your name in-game is kind of hidden though. You need to click the little white person next to the clock in the uberbar. Then click on your name on top and it should give you the option to change your Display Name there. I'm not sure if that will help you in seeing your replays though. You'd think they would use the numeric uberid for that.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  9. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Thank you so much! I know it seems like a little thing, but that was frustrating the piss out of me! I never noticed that there was a "Change Display Name" option in that player status drop down menu, but it's there and it worked. One less annoying thing to deal with....Now if they would only fix the rest of the UI. Thank god for modders! ;)

I really need to make my own mod one of these days. :confused:

Edit: Sadly that doesn't seem to be a permanent change, as whenever I navigate to another menu option, then back to the main menu, the Display Name above the main menu changes back, and it hasn't fixed the "My Games Only" filter issue that I'm having in the Replays browser. :rolleyes:

Edit2: Ok, I had to change the Display Name, then immediately quit the game, then load it back up before it saved the Display Name changes properly. The "My Games Only" filter issue is still not fixed though. That is annoying because that filter method allows you to view older games than simply searching for your name in the main Replays browser list. Oh well, one out of two is better than nothing. o_O
    Last edited: November 18, 2014
    Nicb1 likes this.
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

If you launch the game with the Launcher, change your Display Name, then move to another menu, the changed name reverts back. This is a known issue we're working on. So far using Steam or opening pa.exe directly will save the display name correctly.

The Change Display Name under "My Account" from store.uberent.com no longer works for PA.
    Nicb1 and ViolentMind like this.