Mods that work and do not work with the new PA

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by zweistein000, March 21, 2014.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I don't have all the mods, but I do use a large number of them. Here's what I have found out

Mods that work flawlessly:
    Mods that work partially:
    • Auto factory (@trialq )- causes black screens, but it works. Fixed by F5
    • Economy efficiency V2 (@Cola_Colin ,@SatanPetitCul ) - There are no resource bars
    • No Black screens mod (@Cola_Colin ) - It does fix some black screens (like auto factory on game start) but not others (like black screen when leaving settings menu)
    • Linger (@wondible ) - Still lingers, but displays the button twice
    • Unit database (@raevn ) - The stats are there, but the icons are not. FIXED
    • The post game screen works and it still uploads the stats though.
      Fixed!!
    • Lobby renamer (@cptconundrum ) - It completely screws up the lobby. Mostly works now. Not sure what that means so i'll leave it here.
    Mods that are completely broken:
    • Better system view (@elitedanzel ) - no mex count on planets
    • Commande HP Display (@raevn , @elitedanzel , @burntcustard ) - Causes a serious issue when connecting: the game gets stuck at generating planets. Pressing F5 will show you a fully generated planet for about a second then it will return to generating planets.
    • Economy manager (@trialq ) - the buttons aren't there anymore, but the text part of the UI shows up
    • Hotbuild (@proeleert , @tripax ,@Cola_Colin ) - Neither the hotkeys nor the menu in settings work. It is completely broken. I'm a very sad panda now. FIXED! Zwei is happy one more!
    • Transparent Strategic icons (@moldez ) - Completely broken. Game just uses stock icons. FIXED!

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 23, 2014
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Hmm hotkeys worked last time I checked. Anyways when I'm home I'll fix it all :)
  3. zweistein000

Rechecked - only the hotkeys that can be found in "keyboards" tab of the settings menu work.
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Thanks for making this list. ProfilePic+ by me also works with the new build. :)
    zweistein000 likes this.
  5. stawos

stawos Member

Thanks for the info, this will save some time figuring out wha to wait for an update for! KUDOS! :)
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Thanks for doing this!

Planet Name Themes is still only partially working though. It seems like it doesnt work if you load a new random system in the lobby.
  7. proeleert

Hmm normal hotbuild keys worked here fine just the hotbuild tab is horribly broken. It even showed the hotkey on the buildbar. Oh well guess I know what to do when I'm home...
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well you sure made my day a hell of a lot easyer
    I still feel like making a complaint thread since contrary to beta release we aren't getting a dev statement letting us know what changed and what is the new modding M.O.

For example, the structure for the "alpha path" for certain folders and files was apparently unchanged as certain mods like timer continue to work but the one for icons and lobby have obviously been changed.

OK....

...what to?

I'm forced to assume these iles have been moved inside the .exe

am I right?
  9. zweistein000

Well yesterday i disabled hotbuild because I really wanted to have a game with my friend, @sypheara , so the hotkeys might have been lost. any ideas how to get them back manually?
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Transparent Strategic Icons has been fixed and is in PAMM as 3.2.1.

Do name tag alerts work on this forum? I've got them enabled but never received an alert when I've been tagged.
    moldez and zweistein000 like this.
  11. cptconundrum

Things change so fast, there's just not much they can do to help us. If Uber started trying to work with us on every mod, it would take a lot of time away from them that they could otherwise spend on giving us shiny new modding tools.
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

as far as I know there's a single change for a couple of files -> they've been moved.

no need to do a case by case.

just say what was changed, we'll dig through the logs, no need for a manuscript or something.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

From the code changes I would have though that installing blackscreen fix should have no effects at all.
    PA Stats Automatches should be added to the "broken" list.

@tatsujb: I have only looked at it a bit until now, but I think every file has moved from the alpha directory.
    However the modding system does not break from that change at all. There ARE other changes. It is unknown to me how many, but those are the changes that actually are responsible for most breaking mods. An exception are mods that use shadowing (icons, blackscreen fix), because they now shadow non existing files. Easy to fix though.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  14. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Working: 'Building Writer', 'Custom Build Bar'

Not working: 'Dox Comm Camo Mode'

I'll add eco manager to the TODO list this weekend, after auto factory. System editor fix was already broken, guess that can go on the list too if it's not obsolete.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  15. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I wish mod manager would auto disable/uninstall mods that don't work.
  16. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

We could create a way to tag old releases as not working with the current build (with a short description of how severely it's broken). Then PAMM could prompt the user to disable those mods, the same way it prompts the user to update old mods (i.e. unobtrusively).
  17. proeleert

Check hotbuild again ? should all be fine now
    zweistein000 likes this.
  18. zweistein000

Confirmed Hotbuild works
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA Stats Automatches work again
  20. cptconundrum