Mods folder doesn't exist.

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by blasto47, July 29, 2015.

1. blasto47

blasto47 New Member

Hello. As the title says, I tried looking for my "mods" folder which is apparently used to install mods that are outside of the mod manager, in C:\Users\*insertusernamehere*\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation directory. It couldn't find it. I have not touched or removed that folder becuase I have never been in the directory so for all I know, it is suppoused to be there, but it's not. Can someone tell me how to retrieve it and if it's a normal issue?
  2. startege1

startege1 Active Member

have you pamm?
    There are two folders: server_mods, client_mods
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If you have no mods at all so far you might need to simply create the folder startege1 mentioned, the location for them you have is correct
  4. blasto47

blasto47 New Member

Well, I tried putting a skybox mod into the client_mods folder where I think it goes and it didnt work. Same if I put it to server_mods folder... that's wierd.
  5. cola_colin

You need to enable the mod. Either by editing some cryptic files by hand or by using pamm.
    Use pamm. If you really don't want to use pamm checkout the readme in the mods folder in the UI folder of the game itself.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

"client_mods" should be called "mods"
  7. cola_colin

nope. Does not have to. mods is from ancient days and was split into client_mods and server_mods a few years ago.
    I also still use mods, but that is just legacy support really. New users will have client_mods
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

ah k