Mod Request: Win button. (not kidding)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by bsergent, December 2, 2014.

1. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

I need a cheat that will grant me a mission victory and I don't want any kind of penalty for it beyond a lousy score for the mission due to only having five kills or whatever.

Reason being that since I cannot save, and the game crashes eventually each play through, it is impossible for me to beat this (or presumably any) mission with 5 opposing commanders.

I have probably killed close to 20 of them in total, typically getting down to the last one on the last planet before it crashes. I've attacked them in different order, it's not the planet. I've no interesting in playing software shell games with drivers and my dxdiag crap to try and avoid the crashes. I’m confident I've reached a point where effort in that direction is long past the point of diminishing returns utility.

Of the three possible options I think what I'm asking for is both fair and urgent as a stopgap.

1. Mod that enables a mission victory command.
    2. Implementing a save feature.
    3. Refining the game till crashes are sufficiently rare as to make this a non-issue.

Thank you for your time.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Maybe the game is running out of memory? Sounds like if it crashes after an epic long game vs 5 AI (maybe even played locally? Might want to change the settings to play only online for that game, so it uses an online server)

Anyway I don't think a cheat mod like that exists, but among the mods on pamm there are mods that add cheats that should make you able to win really quickly, i.e. by having unlimited resources, quick build, etc.
    Should make it as easy as spamming nukes within a minute or two.
    bsergent likes this.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Run the game with --devmode. Look for the cheats button in the lower left of the star map.

I know UberLauncher lets you specify command arguments. Steam has Launch Options. You can always find the binary (PA.exe on windows) and use the command terminal.
    bsergent likes this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I remember mystic dagger or something like that, has a galactic war edition that gives you resource cheats.

Also, try using "server cheats" to allow enemy vision and enemy control. With enemy vision you can win, with enemy control if all else fails delete their commanders...
    bsergent likes this.
  5. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

That sounds perfect. His cheat mod only works in skirmish though, I have asked him about galactic war :)

I ran the game windowed at 50% and it didn't crash. Fine with me, I do other stuff all day as well anyway, plus my monitor is decently sized and placed :)

Thank you all :)