Mod idea: Alien Legacy remake!

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by elendu, January 8, 2016.

1. elendu

elendu New Member

Does anyone remember Alien Legacy, made by Sierra back in 1994?

I think it would be awesome for a remake, or a re-imagining of that game, and the idea came to mind as I was thinking about some of the core mechanics of the game engine inside Planetary Annihilation. After all, you have interstellar solar systems, with planets, moons etc, and ships that "realistically" travel between large objects using gravitational slingshots.

Also, you have city building! The original Alien Legacy had a story driven campaign with events that would unfold as you try to colonize a new star system. City planning as well as balancing resources between cities was a core component, as well as researching new buildings and technology to further your colonization, or to solve problems the game would throw at you as the campaign progressed.

Would creating such a large scale mod be feasible with the tools Uber gives the community? Would it be difficult because of the "always online" state of the game? Just a few basic questions I'm wondering about, if anyone can shed some light on this.

Anyways, what do you think of this idea, interesting, no?