MNC, Super MNC and what happened to Xbox version

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, March 19, 2013.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The patch was mostly for balance changes and a bunch of bug fixes. MNC was extremely bug ridden when it first released. The private match update was a last minute thing. I can bet it was mainly due to the lack of actual PM players during that time. Most of the changed implemented were basically novelty changes and yes it's pretty crazy to think a simple team switch option wasn't implemented.

Though I do remember Uber saying they tried to get it in but they couldn't find a way that worked for both Uber and Microsoft or something like that. Here are the actual PM changes that were made from that patch:

* Added in new options for private games:
    Set game duration
    Set overtime duration, including 0 time for no overtime
    Toggle buying bots
    Toggle buying Juice
    Toggle Bullseye spawning
    Toggle using Hazards (Annihilator / Ejectors)
    Choose specific or random map
    Hazards on / off
    Force random classes
    Toggle use of custom classes
    Toggle class changing
    Class limits on all classes
    * Added IceMen Pitgirl to updated level intros/outro
  2. joker

joker Active Member

So basically all the Y-Menu options. It's crazy to think it used to be even worse. As is that's mainly used just to pause the countdown lol I really wish there were a way they could still do shlt for this game or learn from the mistakes of this one and put out a great sequel that doesn't need anything extra and avoid Microsoft's DLC crap
  3. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

Lack of pm's? Around that same time this game was on gamebattles with matches everyday. .. but yeah lacking pms
  4. DeadStretch

Can you read? Also just because there were PM's being played that doesn't mean there was a dedicated PM crowd. A vocal crowd at that.
  5. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

We certainly are vocal...
  6. DeadStretch

Well now you are. During the dawn days of MNC? Not so much.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

not digging around for it again, but I believe I posted this once before...

there was a guy maybe anywhere from a month to two months into the games release that posted a theory that MNC would be better off with a PC version for steam. He pretty much said how he felt the game was easier to update and push out content, and that when uber found out how difficult it was, they would end up making a PC version for steam, update the **** out of it, and basically abandon the console version.

He was flamed hard for this "wild" theory, and everyone ripped into him saying he had no grounds or claims for that theory, and that it wouldn't happen.

Salute to you, whoever you were.
  8. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

Its common fkn sense... (change team option ) and there was no private match community because it sucked because you guys ruined it... dumbass!
  9. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Console players will flame PC and PC players will flame consoles.
    But again, this notion of Uber abandoning their games all the time is kinda annoying; especially so for Uber I'd imagine. They're working really hard on these games, and then Microsoft makes it a pain and tells them to stop updating their first one, then steam messes up the launch of their second game, and now they're struggling to find funding for it; all the while their fanbase criticising them for abandoning it.
  10. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

They did it for Scott Pilgrim, why not MNC?
  11. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Scott Pilgrim was an awesome game but I don't know much about the behind the scenes stuff. I know that it COULD be done with MNC, I also know Uber won't do it.
  12. DeadStretch

That game (at it's entire series) has been a way bigger success than MNC so I'd imagine they had/have the funds to actually pay Microsoft for a game update. I mean really who in their right mind wants to pay a company just to update their game? Microsoft is the only company that charges developers to update their own games.
  13. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

Wouldnt have to update it if you Would have gotten it right the 1st time... who tested MNC? homeless? Children? Im assuming it was one of those 2 (both very affordable) for uber.
  14. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Ah, you're one of -those- people.
  15. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Mostly homeless people. A couple of them were homeless children though.
  16. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

Yep.
  17. feedle

feedle Post Master General

scott pilgrim has ubisoft backing them up..
    problem was the original team from montreal (french land in canada) quit and another team from ubi picked it up and added the online.

Story goes... they copied sprites from sonic on gba for wallace's tornado and the day the dlc was to be released they had a lawsuit waiting for them. They had to redit the sprites etc and it came out. Also the team who did this patch had no real experience and had to learn everything in the 5 months time.
  18. aflyingtaco

aflyingtaco Member

rofl
  19. lolfunnystuff

lolfunnystuff New Member

Update the game so that you kids can abuse others in a smoother play environment? Why on earth would uber do that? lolol
  20. feedle

feedle Post Master General

i dont want nothing fixed. i love spawn striking you