Megabot - Real Annihilation

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by emarkus, October 6, 2017.

1. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

;-)

i want have :)
    maxpowerz likes this.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Aww how cute.
    Now i want to super size my DoomBot and join in on the fun :D
    doombot.jpg
    emarkus likes this.
  3. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Is this a bot or a drone??
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

404 eyes not found. that's a bot.
  5. maxpowerz

It's both, in the technical term it's a drone as it's mostly autonomous now, the onboard computer handles all of the walking, tail, and grippers, i can program it to roam around follow some targets but it's still a major work in progress.
    It's the same as calling a quadcopter a drone, A quadcopter is a drone as it's flight is controlled by an onboard computer and it's mostly autonomous.

The eye's are embedded in the body, between the top and bottom plates of the body on either side of the gripper at the front.
    The video is broadcast back to my computer using a 5.8ghz Analogue video feed, same tech used in drone racing, but i'm using it as a way to feed visual data back to my PC.
    I will take a picture of it's cameras and show you.
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. maxpowerz

:) I have $200 of carbon fiber tubing and the 4 motors and propellers required to turn it into a quadcopter too o_O
    I'm going to make it into some kind of Dragonfly looking robot that can actually fly, walk and lift things and carry them.

I'm not sure if i'm maybe taking it a bit too far, but eh why not hey, i'm smart enough to do it so i might as well :)
  7. tatsujb

8. maxpowerz

Why, they opted in to have human pilots still instead of remote piloting them which is more than possible with what we have on the market right now.
    I can't see Megabot fights being anything more than a show until they can afford to cage them and remote pilot them like they do with the current robot combat leagues
    tunsel11 and mwreynolds like this.
  9. tatsujb

well then doesn't that defeat the sole purpose of these mechs?

I mean if the only reason you're making them big enough to fit a human inside is "because it's so much cooler" then wow, cuz that's a waste of resources.

but I concur there's no real point in having a human inside that just limits what you can "legally" do to each other's bots.

but really bots as they stand in robo combat league are probably more interesting to watch then bigger, more lumbering and slow, versions of them ever will.
    maxpowerz likes this.