Looking for mod: More Planets in Galactic War.

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Tontow, July 1, 2015.

1. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Is there a mod that ups the average number of planets to a minimum of 2 to 3?

Certain load-outs (orbital for one) really need that second orbital body in order to have any chance against the absurd ai difficulty.
  2. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

So I'm guessing that there isn't a mod that will do this yet? (due to the lack of replays)

Would anyone have an idea where I would look for the planet part of the GW system generator?
  3. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Once you get a bit further from the start and having more boss fights, there are more multi-planet systems, sounds like you might have not got very far in GW yet? Changing the planets in GW is a bit fiddly, but possible, when I'm back at my real PC later today I could point you towards the correct file/s.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

media/ui/main/shared/js/star_system_templates.js
    media/ui/main/game/galactic_war/shared/js/gw_easy_star_system_templates.js

There actually does seem to be an issue with the non-easy set: there are two unused system groups, typically with larger planet counts, because the player range is 0-0. I think these are shared with multiplayer and gw feeds in a fake player count, but there simply are not any large systems enabled.
  5. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

ok, I'm lost now and have no clue what I need to change in those files. Is there a mod maker in the house?
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Right, so while it's true that the system templates were reduced, it's also true that the switching logic is bugged and the easy templates are always used.