Looking For Help (Unannounced Faction)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Nicb1, April 22, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

yeah i edited the post :)
  2. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

That my friend is a real problem xd.
    I can't help you with that:s. Maybe the easiest way is to modify the commanders but it is a really cheap way. I think summoning @DeathByDenim or @wondible may help:p. What do you think guys?
  3. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

[QUObT ="KillerKiwiJuice, post: 1092379, member:the70458"]
    yeah i edited the post :)[/QUOTE]
    I've been thinking. Wouldn't that method make the Ai unable to use the uber faction? Cause if you remember it would use the files of your computer. The same goes for multiplayer. Maybe just choosing a brand of commander to use the faction only units would be better. Don't know maybe someone knows how to solve that.
    EDIT:
    May I be getting wrong the Porpouse of the mod. Is this supposed to make you chose between factions and make impossible for battling one with yours and the other person with the uber one, or the more fun and logical way of being able to use both at the same tiem?
    @nicb1 @KillerKiwiJuice
    Last edited: June 20, 2015
  4. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I've been thinking. Wouldn't that method make the Ai unable to use the uber faction? Cause if you remember it would use the files of your computer. The same goes for multiplayer. Maybe just choosing a brand of commander to use the faction only units would be better. Don't know maybe someone knows how to solve that.
    EDIT:
    May I be getting wrong the Porpouse of the mod. Is this supposed to make you chose between factions and make impossible for battling one with yours and the other person with the uber one, or the more fun and logical way of being able to use both at the same tiem?
    @nicb1 @KillerKiwiJuice[/QUOTE]

No you should be fully able to do a match where one player is uber fac and the other is new fac.

Edit:
    Grumble quotes are broken again.
  5. Nicb1

A little ingame sneak peak at one of the units from the new faction (Yes we have a name will reveal it soon). The Deathmark T2 Sniper tank side by side with a vanilla T2 Leveller.
    [​IMG]
    Style is slightly different from your vanilla units. (Thank Mgmetal13 in this instance for the awesome texture work).
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

So does the faction basically have a sniper tank and artillery bot?
  7. Nicb1

Whilst it does have some completely new stuff, we may have swapped around a thing or two. The only other swap is giving T1 bots AA.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Giving T1 bots AA and removing it from T1 vehicles, or just adding it to T1 bots?
  9. Nicb1

Removed T1 Vehicle AA and gave it to the bots.
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Wow guys awesome work. Send me a message when you do unit files and balance to help you:). One question, why are the edges so glowy?
  11. Nicb1

Yeah its just the way the textures were done (This is WIP). The edges will likely be toned down quite a bit in the near future.

Glad you like our work though :)
  12. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Ooooh gooody! Feels like christmas.
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I quite like the 'glowy' edges... makes it feel different from the vanilla units... a bit 'tron' like actually (just need to pick black and neon blue for the colours)
  14. Nicb1

Haha yeah thats exactly what our concept artist @Crembels said to me. I'm still debating about it, I do like the lines to some extent, but at the same time im not sure if its just going to stand out too much in comparison to the vanilla PA units where it feels like they belong to a game with a diff artstyle. So not sure whats going to happen with the lines, may stay as is, be toned down a bit or gotten rid of. Depends on what the rest of the team and you guys say. I'm at the moment for toning them down a bit so they are still there, just not as prevalent as they are now.
    cdrkf and Ksgrip like this.
  15. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Haha yeah thats exactly what our concept artist @Crembels said to me. I'm still debating about it, I do like the lines to some extent, but at the same time im not sure if its just going to stand out too much in comparison to the vanilla PA units where it feels like they belong to a game with a diff artstyle. So not sure whats going to happen with the lines, may stay as is, be toned down a bit or gotten rid of. Depends on what the rest of the team and you guys say. I'm at the moment for toning them down a bit so they are still there, just not as prevalent as they are now.[/QUOTE]
    I can tell you that I love the blue tint, instead of the metal grey of vanilla
  16. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Rethinking my statement I'm starting to like rhe glowy edges maybe doing them a little more discrit would be a good idea:)
  17. Nicb1

Just wanted to let you guys know that we are still alive and well. Progress is coming along really nicely. I will be starting a proper thread for this mod soon enough, but in the mean time I thought I'd show you guys a model which I just completed.
    (Not showing some of the other stuff I've gotten done and ingame lately as I want to keep a few things a surprise.)
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    You guys should be able to tell what this model is for :)

EDIT2:
    And here's a concept piece by our artist @Crembels for the orbital fabber.
    [​IMG]
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I know what the first image is... it's an electro unit catapult, you order a unit into it, pull it back against an energy field then release and watch it hurtle across the system and into deep space.

After lots of practice you should be able to get it to slam into a planet (which destroys the unit in a fiery ball of doom). Eventually with even more practice you get to the point where you can land the units gracefully, 1 at a time on another planets surface.

Note as practice as a unit cannon but fun none the less :D

Edit: I wonder what @Crembels was doing when he came up with the concept for that fabber.... actually on second thoughts I probably *don't* want an answer to that! Seriously though it looks cool :)
    stuart98, Nicb1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  19. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Legion Orbital Fabrication Bot? Is that just the name of the unit or do we have the name for the faction :eek:
    Nicb1 likes this.
  20. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That's the name of the faction ;)