LiveStream, February 1st, 2013

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, January 28, 2013.

1. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

Great livestream guys. The music sounds AMAZING. Love the different tones with the orchestra music. Howard Mostrom is pretty cool and he definitely knows what he's doing for the music to go well with the game.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yes my ingenuity worked!

Finally got to tune in live! But I don't think my data plan is very happy about it! xD

Mike
  3. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

The stream was amazing. *surprise face*
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I want an EWI now.
  5. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

awesome! :D
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Thanks to everyone who paid attention!

Sorry I didn't mention the Uber Cannon but we were trying to keep focused on music.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'll forgive you if we get a Commander focused Live Stream! ;p

Mike
  8. Spooky

Spooky Member

All this music already gets me pumped up to play PA :cool:
  9. woepriest

woepriest New Member

The first piece sounds like something from close encounter of the 3rd kind, the part where they were communicating with the aliens through music.
  10. mrknowie

mrknowie Member

Hopefully, this is a good place to make questionably reasonable requests of Howard:

One of my favorite pieces that's climate/biome specific is Phendrana Drifts from Metriod Prime. It really conveys cold. I'm hoping for a similarly frost-bite invoking theme for barren ice planets.

What I heard was damn good. I'm looking forward to hearing it fully realized. The TA soundtrack was big, brazen, it fit perfectly, and it's something I still listen to at work. From what I can tell, Howard's going to give it a run for its money.
  11. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Yes This I think Commanders and some more Artwork/model stuff should be the focus of the next Live Stream :) and plenty of references to the Uber Cannon ;)
  12. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

This. Howard is awesome!
  13. Veleiro

Veleiro Member

Howard, I was mostly interested in the very last tune that you demonstrated. That is exactly the kind of epicness I would want for Planetary Annihilation. The former ones, IMHO, could be more along the lines of that. But still, I am very impressed. It is even going to sound better ochestral!

Thanks for an awesome live stream!
  14. verklartenacht

verklartenacht New Member

Awesome livestream and very interesting!

May I suggest playing Epic_Victory on the Planetary Annihilation start screen? What a welcome that would be! To start up a game and hear such a glorious thing!
  15. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

excellent update! Loving the examples given so far

I'm really liking the idea of some heavy metal guitar riffs. Big heavy metal can mesh well with orchestra and choirs so it'll fit in nicely. Also really liking the idea of working in chiptunes!
  16. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

17. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

The music samples were amazing.
  18. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Ok one BiG question I never saw asked, even with all the discussion on planetary musical atmosphere and such

but, how are you guys going to handle scenarios where the player has two windows open, and switches regularly between them? Say if you have 2 planets to manage and you've got a window open for each one... and many other variants on the problem?
  19. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Whichever way works best?
  20. Aelreth

Aelreth New Member

I recall that in TA for example the music tracks could switch out based on the intensity of the game. Are we going to have something similar?

For example, could we have say the overture going in a slightly infinite loop and advance to it's more battle oriented portion of composition when the battle heats up?

Also thank you both for that, I really had an enjoyable time listening to it.

IIRC, when you zoomed out in Civ 5 the music changed to reflect you are in space and got louder the closer you zoomed in.