List of bugs in Build 71378

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liltbrockie, August 28, 2014.

1. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

If you get positive power the original one you built without power won't work. However, if you build a 2nd while having power it will work just fine.
  2. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Sometimes the notifications PIP goes blue and if you follow the pip ur hole screen goes "blue" but the UI stille there.
  3. tollman

tollman Member

- several metal spots couldn't be built on. The way around it seems to be click and drag like you want to build many and it will build on that one that one which wouldn't respond to an individual click. Hmmm, makes me now think that it might be an internet lag thing and the server wasn't picking up the single clicks.
    - I told an advanced fabber to suck up a large field of destroyed buildings and my commander must have been in that field as it made a bee-line for him and started to suck him up with the aid of some adv. combat fabbers! I was most surprised and as you can imagine he started to go down fairly fast. Stopping them and repairing the commander worked fine.
    - some pathing issues, most notably when telling adv. fabbers to go around and upgrade my metal spots, seemed to get stuck a lot, especially on the edges of bodies of water.
    Not really a bug but I don't think the hardest AI is hard enough. I haven't tried giving them an econ boost though, perhaps that will do the trick.
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Seems strange with only 1 start planet.
  5. mikeyh

This seems to be the most stable build in a while on OS X with much better client performance even with crazy high unit counts.

Pathing is much better (although units still get stuck and occasionally lost).

Thanks for all the hard work Uber :)
    gerii likes this.
  6. superouman

superouman Post Master General

In celestial view, moving the camera with MOUSE3 selects and unselects a planet when the cursor is on it. If it's not, the camera moves top/down left/right freely.
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  7. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I would also like to report that planet rendering in the system editor (especially metal planets) takes a much longer time than the last build (must be new metal planet biome).
  8. mikeyh

Warped planets again this time while spectating (killed by red) and checking PIP... can't zoom or move camera.

PA-PTE-71400-warped2.png
  9. mikeyh

Multiple client crashes on OS X 10.9.5 (13F24) while trying to reconnect to a game...

EDIT: could not reconnect or spectate.

Code:
    Crashed Thread:  7

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000010

VM Regions Near 0x10:
    -->
        __TEXT                 000000010f0a7000-000000010f7d1000 [ 7336K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/*/PA.app/Contents/MacOS/PA
    Thread 12 Crashed:
    0  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000101864a05 client::ClientPlanet::onStateChanged(unsigned long long, ViewpointEvalParams const&) + 661
    1  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010193c3c8 ClientViewpointImpl::updateNote(ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*, ViewpointEvalParams const&, bool, std::__1::vector<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*> > >&, std::__1::vector<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*> > >&, std::__1::vector<ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*, std::__1::allocator<ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*> >&) + 312
    2  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010193b617 ClientViewpointImpl::update(float, ViewpointEvalParams const&) + 1303
    3  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000101addd1a ViewpointController::update(float) + 602
    4  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000101adda66 HistoryViewerImpl::update(float) + 422
    5  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010180a1e9 client::ConnectionToServer::update(float) + 537
    6  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000101835e09 std::__1::__function::__func<client::ClientGame::updateAndPresent(crom::Profiler&, float)::$_22, std::__1::allocator<client::ClientGame::updateAndPresent(crom::Profiler&, float)::$_22>, void (unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned long)>::operator()(unsigned long&&, unsigned long&&, unsigned long&&) + 425
    7  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000101ba54b9 crom::AsyncParallelForDriver::threadExecute() + 729
    8  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000101ba6941 void* std::__1::__thread_proxy<std::__1::tuple<void (crom::AsyncParallelForDriver::*)(), crom::AsyncParallelForDriver*> >(void*) + 113
    9  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff88578899 _pthread_body + 138
    10  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857872a _pthread_start + 137
    11  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857cfc9 thread_start + 13
  10. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Planes on patrol stop moving after having enemy contact.
    Zenotheory, tollman and kayonsmit101 like this.
  11. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

This has been an ongoing bug for a long time but rocketships being built by orbital launchers aren't lined up with the moving base and tower thing that holds on until launch. Does that make sense?
  12. CryFisch

CryFisch Member

looping anitnuke, was not qiuck enough :eek:
  13. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

I've just retested with 72400.

On AZERTY keyboards, the 3 characters '&', '(' and '$' are still not working.
    None of these caracters requires the use of <alt-gr> key (or another modifier key), they are all "one stroke".

It is very related to the key itself as the '1' by pressing <shift> + <&> is not working also whereas the numpad '1' is working fine.
  14. bastianforge

bastianforge New Member

Things I noticed during AI skirmish (PTE71400):
    1. The long range guided missile ship (stingray(?)) seems to have a really short range for the missiles making it pretty much useless. Also it looked like it had some serious anti-air weaponry :)
    2. When issuing orders to engineers for building with area commands (in my case metal extractors) with shift pressed there was no "area ring" visible but the command worked as intended.

-Bastian Forge

edit1: Added version number and some more info to point 1
  15. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Another minor bug.

When I switch to French the accentuate characters (like é, è, à, ...) are not displayed in the same font.

I don't think it is a bug but many texts are not translated (may be I'll have to look for missing translation and add it)
  16. phoenix2700

phoenix2700 New Member

If you order a nuke launcher to stop building a nuke (for some reason) I couldn't find a button to make it build another one. Had to destroy it and build another launcher.
  17. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Any JS client mod might produce bugs (and often will), especially right after a release. I strongly recommend you disable all mods for a short period after a patch.
    Remy561 likes this.
  18. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

probably to do with adding the catalyst as a keyboard shortcut.
  19. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Had this with a tech 1 orbital radar as well ;) This time I was the attacker on an AI radar though.

Also, lot of pathing issues when sending engineers to build the Catalysts. Sometimes they just don't want to walk to their place. Also there was a metal spot on one of the catalyst arm places. I had to send an air fabber to reclaim it before I was able to build the catalyst.
    Last edited: August 29, 2014
  20. mikeyh

Seems to happen when you move via PIP to a metal planet pole. If you move them in main view they can be attacked.