[Linux] Keyboard shortcut problem

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by fade78, January 11, 2015.

1. fade78

fade78 New Member

I have a Fedora 21 Linux installation of Planetary Annihilation v.76557 (french install so azerty keyboard). The game is working fine, except that many keyboard shortcut doesn't work. If I go to the parameter, I have what it seems, good parameter. For example, to recall a group I must use 1, 2, 3, etc..

In some games, that use the character instead of the key placement, you must remap 1, 2, 3 to &, é, ", which are at the same position. Well, I tried this in Planetary Annihilation, and I've got : up, [nothing, dead key], '. Which seems to be absolutely out of nowhere.

My keyboard works fine into the system, so I think the problem comes from the game.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you please say what keyboard layouts you using?
  3. fade78

fade78 New Member

Well, it's a french keyboard layout ("Français") a kind of AZERTY keyboard. Do you have a specific command I can run in order to help you?
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then its what cause problem.

I'm not developer and unfortunately I didn't tried to find out how to fix problem with layouts on Linux. If you know any other Linux games using SDL2 that have this problem solved this will be helpful.
  5. fade78

fade78 New Member

Well, I played these games under linux without problem :
    - trine 2
    - dota 2
    - wow (with wine)
    - legend of grimrock

But I don't know if they are using SDL2. Anyway, there is no problem with the windows version of PA and I assume that SDL, as a cross plateform game SDK, has to guarantee that keyboard input is correct in linux as in windows. Maybe PA developpers can use SDL forum for support?
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As far as I aware it's may be more tricky than just use SDL2.

One of PA developers is SDL developer so there is no need for this.
    I just wonder about layouts for myself because I never used AZERTY on Linux.
  7. fade78

fade78 New Member

Well, I hope that this developer will see this thread :)