[Linux?] Can't load units in to Astraeus

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by sahemera, February 5, 2015.

1. sahemera

sahemera New Member

Im wondering if anyone else has been getting this bug- It surfaced only since the last update and it makes galactic war kind of really difficult with multi-planet systems if you dont have any other way to get to other planets.

When I click a unit the astraeus stops everything and just sits there, and if I use "Speical Move" it goes down but it still wont pick anything up. I don't see how this would be distribution specific but considering it hasn't been reported elsewhere it might be?

Im running Archlinux with XFCE, (dualbooted alongside win7, but havent tested there) AMD Radeon HD 6800 proprietry FGLRX (catalyst-test).
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I just tested it in an AI Skirmish and it worked fine for me. I just select the Astraeus and right-click my commander and up it goes. I run Kubuntu 14.04.

Does it only happen in Galactic War or also with AI Skirmish? Do you use any mods?
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The astreaus can only hold a single unit.
  4. sahemera

sahemera New Member

I'll try in AI skirmish now, I do actually have mods installed, that may be it- but theyre mostly just aesthetic mods:

Commander HUD, Alerts Minimap, Awesome Projectiles, Auto Factory, Advanced Planet Details, PA-FX, eXodus esports, ECOManager

Hey! Astraeae work in AI skirmish!

[extra0] OH hey. So it looks like you can't Surrender if your commander is in an astraeus. I tried to surrender but it didn't work, so I force quit the game -moved my installed mods to a directory and when I started AI skirmish back up. I automatically joined back into the game I was in, lowered the astraeus and my commander exploded as soon as it touched the ground. LOL I can use my commander as a suicide bomb with an Astraeus by surrendering.

[extra1] I tried to do galactic war and as soon as my commander landed on the planet I was booted back to battle selection with "Connection to Server Lost" ?? Tried again it hapenned again.

[extra2] When I click on Quit the game hangs, consistently

-Trying AI Skirmish again without mods.
    Astraeus still -in skirmish- works without mods.

-Tried to play galactic war
    but was consistently booted out with Connection to Server Lost upon landing commander.

-Made a new galactic war to see if that would fix it
    I landed successfully, which makes me suspect that it's an issue with the map I was landing on.

Testing Astraeus in the new galactic war.. Okay it worked..? Reinstalling mods to see if that breaks it or if it's just that galactic war that's somehow misguided.

! Reinstalled mods and it broke! Okay, so its one of my mods that broke the astraeus, thanks for the suggestion I wouldn't have thought of that.

Im not sure what info I could provide that would help regarding the issue of the immediate "connection lost" (local server or not (also, the Server selection combo box doesn't contain any elements?)). That only seems to happen on this one system in particular, "Thrale's Maze", assuming that the systems in GW might not be procedurally generated.

Trying to figure out why the server selection box said nothing, I checked the Settings for the new galactic war and it seems that the server lists just simply aren't updated on the Settings menu available form the galactic war screen, but are visible from the settings on the main menu, so that is unrelated to the issue of my crashing.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

If you get the "Connection to Server Lost" message consistently on doing the same thing, that means you managed to crash the server. Can you upload a PA log? You can find those in "~/.local/Uber\ Entertainment/Planetary\ Annihilation/log". Just delete all of the ones there, start up PA, get the Connection Lost error in GW and quit PA. There should be a new PA log and possibly also a server log. Upload them both.

What do you mean with the game hangs on quit by the way? Do you just get a black screen? If so, can you try resizing the window (or switch between fullscreen and windowed and back using <Alt>+<Enter>).
  6. sahemera

sahemera New Member

Here ya go!

Not a black screen, it freezes. Though I do get that black screen when ever I finish a map. But no the game does crash whe- Okay it isn't doing it any more but it was doing that consistently yesterday.. oh well- I guess I wouldn't worry about that then >_<.

Attached Files:

DeathByDenim likes this.
  7. nytonial

nytonial New Member

Have the same issue, the only mod we have in common in PA FX.... Trying now
    (win 8.1, i5, 8G, GTX560Ti)

1# Confirmed PA-FX as the cause...
    Last edited: February 19, 2015
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

9. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

thanks for letting me know @stuart98

Have you updated PA-FX to the latest version? It doesn't touch the astreus files anymore.