eXodus eSports presents - LoC: The Arena (Tournament)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cptconundrum, December 24, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

[​IMG]
    A new year means new tournaments, and in that vein eXodus eSports is proud to present League of Commanders: The Arena, a 3v3 double-elimination tournament featuring the mod League of Commanders on the 10th January 2015.

A full breakdown of the mod is available in a recent eXodus article.

Do battle using unprofessionally named commanders, each of which wields unique powers. Do you choose the Marshall with its superb vision and radar? The ZaphodX, with its improved Uber Cannon and high health? Or even the Otterfamily, with its artillery mount?

Do you know MOBAs? What rock have you been living under? In similar style to a MOBA draft - where teams take it in turns to pick champions - we will be utilising pick rotation mode. Each commander may only be chosen once, and if the other team pick it then you’re out of luck! Choose wisely and with an eye for synergy between your team’s commanders’ abilities.

To play just find two people to team up with and sign up under the same team name and you’re in! Can’t find two other people? Post in this thread, others will be looking as well.

There are three commander codes up for grabs courtesy of Uber Entertainment, one for each member of the winning team. These are Shadowdaemon, Spiderofmean, and Gambitdfa. These three skins unlock Otterfamily, PRoeleert, and Sambasti, respectively. Both the first and second place teams will secure the right to name a commander ability in the mod.

The set of systems to be used in this event will be made available on January 5, but your teams should start practicing as soon as possible on whatever systems you already have!

To participate you will need both the server and UI mods. See the eXodus tournament page for download links.

Featuring casting from WPMarshall and Captain Conundrum (author of the mod), we hope to see you in January for what we are sure will be a thrilling tournament, full of exciting games and unintended cock-ups. Help us usher in the new year in style.
  2. Yaegz

Yaegz Active Member

Who's wants to be on mah team?
  3. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

yay a tournament to watch and relax before exams :) Best of luck to all who enter and hopefully it goes well :)
  4. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Any prometheans want to put a team together for this? @cdrkf you love your mods, marshal (no pun intended) the troops?
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'll need to sort out my diary first- got to make sure I'll be available on the 10th!

If I'm free then I'm up for this :) Maybe we should do some League of Commander games next Wednesday to try it out?
  6. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

sure.
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Ahahaha! Whew that's great.

So, a 3v3? I really enjoy when is not just 1v1 tournament--they're to plain.
    crizmess and stuart98 like this.
  8. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Merica team les go
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Anyone want to form a team with me?
  10. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Again, i'll stay neutral until poked.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Poking
    Last edited: December 25, 2014
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Pok3
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The Digital Deluxe pack is on sale right now on Steam for $5. This is the cheapest way to unlock Shadowdaemon, Spiderofmean, and Gambitdfa. These three skins unlock Otterfamily, PRoeleert, and Sambasti. I know those are the tournament prizes, but don't worry! The prizes will be handed out in the form of commander codes that you can give to a friend even if you already own them.
    philoscience and xankar like this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

15. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I wonder if a canadian team could be formed....
  16. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Ask @Debosse , maybe he wants to join you :p
  17. Debosse

Debosse Member

I would love to have some fellow Canadian buddies to play with :)
    We could apologize when we blow each other up.
    websterx01 and Murcanic like this.
  18. Debosse

Debosse Member

Also where can I get one of those fancy clan signatures :rolleyes:
  19. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I will join if I can get two friends to play with me (which I should be able to). One question. Is there any way for us to mod the mod so that we can revert the names of the commanders to the original ones? If it's as easy as editing a text file, I'd like to do it. It won't affect our participation to the tournament, but it'd make me very happy and I'd play this mod a lot more because it is truly awesome.
  20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You need to talk to @rivii...