Layoffs

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Remy561, October 17, 2015.

1. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

ye, I will redo the sound as soon as I can. Took me a while to do as has had to learn as was doing it.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

After what happened with Demigod, I suspect the guys at Uber will want to steer well clear of Stardock.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

technically speaking neither Uber employees nor Stardock/Oxide ones are "fresh" and by no measure are they "fresh-er"
    I get some of the most ironic moments on their forum because they really defend Demigod. I got told it was "much better" than supreme commander. Imagine that.
    Last edited: October 20, 2015
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Demigod was a good, fun game - sadly plagued by connection problems.
  5. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Are we even certain those were the only two that got laid off? Perhaps @jables is not saying anything because he is also not here anymore. :eek:
  6. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Hmm hard to say. Jables was online yesterday but hasn't actually posted on the forums in around 3 weeks from what I can tell. Since he hasn't been posting for that length of time, I'd say a lack of posting doesn't really tell us anything currently.

Actually, apart from mkrater and Sorian, looks like none of the uber staff have posted since October 1st, which was bgolus in the mod support forum (if I'm understanding the postings tab properly)
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, this is really sad. @Sorian and @mkrater were really the outside face of Uber. mkrater with helping people here and on the Steam forums and Sorian with his casting of tournaments and frequent postings here... :(

I don't even know where to report bugs now or ask for help... Blegh, this sucks.
    MrTBSC, cdrkf, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The exact same place as before: the forums and Uber's support portal, given that they haven't said they're retiring it.
  9. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Jabels is the team leader person right? So I doubt he would be the next to go. I would think it would be one of the design/art members (I dunno if any still exist)
  10. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

As were @garat, @metabolical, @BradNicholson, @neutrino etc etc etc
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Neutrino is still the CTO of Uber.
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I think he's kind of on an administrative level. He's mentioned before that his time is not always spent on any specific game or even always on development.

With Wayward sky in development, I imagine that they're temporarily downsizing to cut costs efficiently until release, or their next project.
  13. DeathByDenim

Yeah, no. The support portal will still be there of course. Even though that was mkrater. I wonder who does it now. When I was working as a programmer, I used to have to do support on the side. I got so much more done when an actual support person was hired. Although to be fair, that included phones.

Anyway, I always used to message mkrater to report a specific new bug for their internal bug list or if I got stuck helping somebody. I fear now those posts will just get drowned out. (For example)
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  14. g0hstreaper

I would think the logical thing they would do is have Tvinita checking that since he is the balance guru, and of course our help (the community not being cancer) is even more vital now since two important public parts of PA have been released.
  15. DeathByDenim

Yeah, we'll see. They did make that @ubersupport account a while back.
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I know, I meant he is never responding anymore. So for us it is as if he is gone.
  17. jables

jables Uber Employee

Unfortunately yes, last week we had some very painful layoffs. We won't be listing names of anyone let go as to respect their privacy.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Thank you for commenting on this- I think most of us understand you can't really comment specifically. It's nice to know you're still here :)

Also know, Uber as a company still has my support for what it's worth. I think the work the whole team has done on PA is superb, and I sincerely hope there's more to come in the future whether it be PA related or an unrelated IP (btw, I'll be looking out for wayward sky once it hits, although obviously the playstation VR isn't even out yet so I guess it'l be a while).
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  19. g0hstreaper

Don't worry that's what the topic title is for :p
  20. superouman

superouman Post Master General

[​IMG]
    maxcomander and cdrkf like this.