Jumping leads to fatigue SKILL > Jump Mashing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Strungouts, September 11, 2010.

1. Strungouts

Strungouts New Member

All these Halo junkies need a lesson in physics and human anatomy. They jump like chicken (expletive) when they are shot at. Battlefield fixed this long ago on PC. When you jumped a few times (twice I believe) you were slowed a percentage so you did not defy gravity like a effing pokemon. Too often I shoot at someone and they start jumping and I know the lil 12 to 16 year old on the recieving end of my fire is laughing that he can get away with dodging incoming fire this way.

The classes who use jump jets I understand that it is fair for them to jump repeatedly but the chicken (expletive) snipers, our fat friend the support and dancing queen assasin need to have repercussions for jumping.

thats one of my wishes!
  2. Strungouts

Strungouts New Member

A great fix to that for people who ABSOLUTLEY need to jump at all times is to make the speed perk allow for more jumping. That way these idiots will buy the speed perk on their loadouts more often ?

No speed = 2 jumps before fatigue

Speed 1 = 3 jumps before fatigue and slightly increased speed

Speed 2 = 4 jumps before fatigue and a bit faster than 1

Speed 3 = 5 jumps before fatigue and the fastest you can go
  3. munrock

munrock New Member

Assassin needs a jump nerf? Really? You want the high-agility, low-durability class to be less springy than tanks?
  4. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Assasain needs the bunny hop right now. Tank and assault charge 1 hit her, gunner slam fucks her up, support shotgun will 1 hit, sniper grapple 1 hit....

However, theres no reason for the rest of the classes to be able to bunny hop. Just disable shooting whilst jumping (after a jump, not being knocked off something). Of course not affecting when an assaault is flying.
  5. Purple Dusk

Purple Dusk New Member

I cant remember which game it was...Halo 2, CoD Something or some other random game....

But when you continuously jumped it made the distance shorter, so eventually you were just jumping straight up in the air...
  6. Shammas

Shammas New Member

There already is a fix. When someone jumps, they can't change their momentum, so they move on a fixed path. It's the equivalent of running in a straight line. Should be easy pickings. Little known fact: The Xbox 360 joystick allows you to rotate your aim 360 degrees. That means up and down as well!
  7. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

Here's another little fact: The game lags! And that lag messes up the hit detection even more when your enemy is jumping around like a retard.
  8. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Oh, ignore shammas. Im pretty convinced hes a troll anyway. If not just some MLG wanna be kid who thinks that cause he's played in a tournament it makes him better than anyone else. Likes to pull the 'l2p' excuse out of his ***
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Sorry that 99% of the community doesn't know how to play. Btw, I don't think I've ever mentioned MLG on these forums until this post. And if you knew anything about MLG, you'd know that they don't support this game.
  10. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

I agree with Shammas, if they jump, you know the direction they are heading, and given time, you'll learn where they land. Atleast i have. Maybe its a skill i picked up from playing Halo?

Anyway, if someone jumps their aim is just as effected as yours. With the added bonus that when they jump, they are stuck in a 2/3 second path they cannot escape. So, really, it should be easier to kill them. So i think they should leave it as it is.

And we shouldn't be finding ways to beat problems caused by lag, we should be finding ways to beat lag.
  11. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

What an adorable little troll we have here, claiming to be better than 99% of the community, and then having this be his only recorded 30+ KD ratio hidden among his myraid of 15+ games. I see people go 60+ with the Assault and Gunner, and 50+ with Support ALL THE FREAKING TIME, and you claim to be more experienced than everyone on this forum a measly 30+ KD video, a feat anyone playing this game is capable of achieving with some effort.

Folks, I don't think hypocrisy gets better than this.
  12. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Wow. 31 kills. I guess I'm more an expert than I thought. ;)
  13. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

Lern 2 aim. lolol
  14. R3VAN

R3VAN New Member

I adjusted to the bunny hopping a long time ago. Especially since the main classes that do it are trying to run away anyways. If you know where they are jumping, you know where they are landing. Its makes it a little harder to kill them, but nothing I get mad about.
  15. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Is this not a "lets make the game easier to help me with my inaccuracy and lack of skill" request :lol:
  16. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

No, I just learned out to bunny hop, and my k/d ratio is finally improving.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I think it's him who doesn't know how to play. Where to start. Well for one he never built a single turret, he shot at maybe 5 bots, didn't help push his bot line forward and generally only cared about his k/d and the only time he went after the downed Moneyball was when it was almost fully damaged. No teamwork at all. Not to mention the other team only had two players that were over level 10.

Yeah it's fair to say I think it's him who doesn't know how to play. I've earned more money then that with just 6 kills.
  18. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I don't post games in which I try because I don't want to give away any of my tactics. Like I said, you can play my team on GB or join one of our private matches if you want. You only play pubs, am I right?
  19. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Wait, so you complain and claim that 99% of the forum is full of noobs, and then proceed to keep all of your "tactics" to yourself and stick to playing against people you already know? That's not a very good way to prove yourself. Plus, public games are sometimes the only way people can play the game. Playing exclusively public games is NOT a reflection of how much skill you have in the game. Has anyone here ever even played a game against this guy? I'm starting to think you are trolling.
  20. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I play with Scorpion, Fojib, Myrick, Sauceman, and plenty of others. I don't need to prove myself to randoms and I've already proved myself to the people I play with. Like I said, if you want to play with me, invite me to a private or I'll invite you. Until then, none of you can even touch me. At least I have a recorded match where I played half-*** as my secondary race and went 31-0. What do you all have?