It's time to talk unit ideas

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, September 30, 2013.

1. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

Yeah but that when they were ridiculously overpower with there firepower and rate of fire back then.

I was thinking like orbit-to-ground laser and orbit-to-orbit missiles but the size of a leviathan ship and slow like a mobile tank. Where the Avengers are your quick space fighters like the hummingbird.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I don't like the fact Anchors don't move, it's really odd for a spacecraft to be immobile.
  3. kerbalweirdo123

kerbalweirdo123 New Member

A bot that can carry other land units, like the Astraeus, but on land.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Just say it's in an orbit, it's actually constantly moving. :>
  5. christer1966

christer1966 Member

I think it would be cool to make it a single unit transport as well. The loaded unit could sit snugly behind the construction turret. You could send a load of these at the enemy's base. They soak up the damage for the combat units and deploy them once inside the enemy's base. You could call it the Frontloader.
  6. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

It would be nice to have an orbital unit that could transport aircraft from planet to planet, as currently they have no of moving off planet.

An assault carrier would be awesome. It arrives at a planet, and then suddenly launches hundreds of bombers or whatever else you packed into it. :)
    Or you know, just eight or so aircraft. Whatever. :p
    klavohunter and Nightovizard like this.
  7. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

I'm kinda curious about the Kickstarter advertisement to load stuff into the orbital launcher. Is there any reason why we can't have that? Load up an air transport, or individual unit or something, and give it a cheap way to instantly launch it into space?

Kinda like the unit cannon, attaching jetpacks to various things?
    Just a thought.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You mean the Astreaus? It loads individual units (land units, but also air fabbers and naval fabbers) and can transport them to other planets.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  9. cybrankrogoth

You're right, I wasnt clear at all. Watching the KS pitch left me with the impression the player could select their commander right click on the orbital launcher and auto launch the commander without any tedious clicking.

(Edit: By tedious clicking, I'm including any extra interaction with astreus, simply select commander, right click orbital launcher and the process of attaching commander to transport and launching into orbit is all automated)

Obviously the game wasn't designed that way, but I wonder if it can be added in as a contextual call function for any orbiting astreus given that you can set waypoints to other planets, you could have something sent to another planet by creating the waypoint and selecting the unit/s and right clicking on orbital launcher.

Although I think a ferry function would be overall better, but there could be a small scale use for the contextual call_astreus that isnt bjg enough to demand a ferry function, and this is all assuming the unit cannon cant fire fabbers or aircraft.

Hope i helped.
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

holy necro of bump!

you can load stuff with the austreus though only singleunits and not all of them ...
    there was kind of an idea to have a sort of capsule to be used fo the commander be attached on the rocked but i guess that was a bit to timeconsuming with the animations of fusing and defusing many units into one and wise verca
    it´s the reason we don´t yet have multiunittransports and the unitcannon yet as it is THE most timeconsuming thing to code ... same with supcom´s multiunittransports ...
    ferrysystem and factoryassisttransportation aswell is hard to do because of that ...
    we only have movechains for now with factories and teleporters ...

also
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ry-annihilation-general-gameplay.63990/page-3
    Last edited: October 29, 2014
  11. cybrankrogoth

Thanks for your input, but please notice I corrected and further explained my original post, which you have not given your input to address as completely as I'd hope.
  12. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Boom Lord
    Tier 2 Bot, built from bot factory

Consistently makes baby boom bots that are very fast, very little health, and do very little damage but have slightly large AoE (can explode on being destroyed as well) The baby boom bots are uncontrollable. The Boom Lords will constantly create baby boom bots that will aggro to the nearest working range (like lets start with the range of a sheller) and will constantly spawn baby boom bots that will go and explode with glee, or explode because the baby boom bots cant survive the elements for very long (do to cheap construction tactics, to easily produce baby boom bots on the field without drawing mass (maybe have boom lords draw energy))

Think of it like swarm hosts in SC2 that spawn banelings, but even more fun =D
    corteks likes this.
  13. mjshorty

*insert backer name, because i cant think of a name*
    Tier 2 vehicle

Has 2 guns, a big medium-long range, slow firing one, and a small, quick firing one.
    good for dealing with bots with small gun, and big gun good for sorta dealing with other T1 evils.
  14. mjshorty

Imperial Cruiser
    Tier 2 navy

Has big guns, and essentially works like a leviathan but has only about 50% guns (which means 50% damage)
    But
    it also can fire a missile into the orbital layer, and has limited radar into the orbital layer around that ship. slow, and doesnt do to much damage, but man, those ships are HUGE, they can carry that kind of armament. :p
  15. mjshorty

Dreadnought
    Tier 2 navy

Fast, has lots of health, weapons need to be close, but when in range, it fires projectiles repeatedly and quickly, and does lots of DPS
  16. mjshorty

Sky-Slayer
    Tier 1 bot
    Has a single, very strong anti-air attack *missile*, slow rate of fire *essentially one shots an aircraft, but its the second one that kills it =D)

Sky-Devastator
    Tier 1 vehicle
    Has 4 anti-air devices, each has fast rate of fire *missile* but low damage, and sort of medium dps overall. each device however, cannot focus fire on one aircraft. *AkA, the sky-devastator is only shooting 1 missile at a time against 1 bomber, but 3 more enemy gunships come in, and those 3 other anti-air devices kick in, picking separate targets*