It's time to talk unit ideas

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, September 30, 2013.

1. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Sorry all I don't have the time to read the whole post, but of all the units I've heard people mention my favourite was the non combat unit that fools enemy radar into thinking there's 50 units approaching. The counter would be if you have line of sight to the unit.

Id guess that the unit would have to be fairly expensive to prevent games getting over complicated.
  2. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Mine turret all it does is spread landmines around it basically forcing a choke, counters are swarm over it or get it early, This would force enemies to attack but it can only lay so many mines one gets detonated another is spawned after a set period of time T2 tower not T1
    archcommander likes this.
  3. corteks

corteks Active Member

So I've recently been trying to learn 3DS Max, and with inspiration from some of the other threads (like the wartrain thread) I thought I'd have a go at making my unit suggestion in max. So here it is, the Orbital Linebreaker landing...

As an addendum to my previous post, I don't think this would have to deal with the "cost" of developing multi-unit transports as the units will reside in the underside cargo section and simply roll out upon landing.

Last edited: November 7, 2013
    ace902902 and archcommander like this.
  4. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

The sumo from TA, I loved that slow moving beast.
  5. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Fire ant bot, good health, melee unit.

This may or may not be what I am thinking when I send my army of ants in.
  6. camycamera

camycamera Member

from a post i made on a previous thread, thought i might share here:
  7. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Nice graphics.
  8. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

So there have been many ideas here but what have the developers to say I wonder? I'm interested to see if any new units roll out between now and December.
  9. ooddball

ooddball Member

uh oh ideas.....let's see....

• 1:flying ufo carrier with planetary scaled weaponry however just being a planetary carrier is cool too
    • 2:fragmentation artillery cannon
    • 3:mobile nuke(a suicide unit)
    • 4:flying battleship for heavy bombardment
    • 5:magnetic deflector(basicly a land denier since all units are made of metal)to deflect weaponry of metal origin(since no shield this could replace)including own units instead of absorbing it changes pattern of anything exclude nukes if you want making it land nearby..
    • 6:Mobile Fortress(do i even have to explain the idea)
    • 7:flying point defense
    • 8:wreckage rebuilder(rebuild all those in the way wrecks to fight for you for half maybe)
    • 9:contained wormhole (for teleportation maybe)
    • 10:missle carrier(barrarge unit for limited time heavy bombardment)
    • 11:anti-tactical missle defense
    • 12:more thinking required
  10. namelesst

namelesst Member

I'm sorry but a UFO is an unidentified flying object. It can be any shape or size. It drives me insane to see it used like this. Do you mean a saucer type design?
    corteks likes this.
  11. corteks

corteks Active Member

Cheers. Just wanna post one more render then I'll stop...

As far as the game is concerned, I see this being heavily armoured to side and top attacks, but not so much from the underside. What this would mean is that while it would be attackable when passing through the orbital and air layers, umbrellas would actually be the most effective at hitting the underside thrusters before it could decelerate and land.
    archcommander likes this.
  12. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Missile Factory: Produces a variety of munitions for surface to surface, surface to air, and surface to orbit.
    Strength: Increases tactical options.
    Missiles can be auto-fired by using rally point or manually targeted.
    For example:
    EMP missile, neutralizes all objects in the blast radius for a few seconds.(EMP Bomber single shot)
    ICBM missile, blast radius about 1/2 of a nuke. Range 150% of a catapult.
    Swarm missile, When it detonates it releases several mini-bots that latch onto whatever is close to them and then detonate.(This missile could potentially do massive damage to a single target if no other targets are near by)
    Frag missile, detonates in the air and then causes several small AOE explosions when the fragments land.
    Napalm missile, creates a large zone that will cause damage to any unit that travels through it.
    Sticky missile, creates a sticky patch that will slow any units that attempt to travel through it.
    Shroud missile, blacks out radar coverage and visibility for perhaps a minute.
    Interplanetary nuke.
    Surface to orbit versions of EMP, ICBM, Swarm, and Frag missiles.
    Weakness: Missiles must be built. Manual targeting.
  13. Nullimus

14. Nullimus

How about a structure that automatically repairs nearby units and buildings that have been damaged.
    thetrophysystem and stormingkiwi like this.
  15. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

A unit that deploys multiple attack drones. Think battledroids from Star Wars. They do less damage than an Ant/Dox but have limited damage. They are effectively deployed en masse from a transport unit. The transport unit also has weapons that backs them up, and will replace them while it's alive.

Basically an aircraft carrier that deploys really weak tanks.

An aerial variant drops them at a location and then hovers around providing weak supporting fire and dropping more units into the area to replace losses.

Just for fun.
  16. Joefesok

Joefesok Member

Nuke planes. When they die, they crash down and do roughly half the damage of a non-nuclear missile.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  17. ooddball

ooddball Member

no i mean ufo as the design is not identified as of now it will be an ufo till the day they decide to make a design for it as of now they have not so my idea remain as a ufo as i have no idea or care for how it will look it simply does not matter to me and no i dont want a saucer type unless iam trying to make a marsian invasion on a earth like planet
  18. Joefesok

Joefesok Member

There will not be flying carriers. Only seabased and possibly ground.
  19. ooddball

ooddball Member

ideas they are all viable till uber says NO!!
  20. ascythian

ascythian Member

Flying drone carrier