Is it still possible to run a dedicated server ?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by dukyduke, June 19, 2018.

1. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Hi,

I've recently switched to a dedicated server to play PA.
    It is not as powerfull as the community server was but it's enough to play in more decent condition than on official servers.

With the shutdown of mikeyh's server, dedicated server are no longer automagically displayed in lobby list.

So, I'm asking if there is a manual way to join a specified dedicated server ?
    Thanks !
  2. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

dukyduke likes this.
  3. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Yes, it works !

Thank you !
  4. lorodion

lorodion Member

Anyone got a copy of Mikeyhs public local server mod? I reinstalled PA and the mod is no longer available...
  5. flubbateios

flubbateios Active Member

You don't really need it.
    Probably complete list of server command line options:
    Code:
    --log-network-traffic
    --http
    --ubernet-url
    --monitor-url
    --ubernet-secret
    --lobby-id
    --server-id
    --build-id
    --output-dir
    --headless
    --debug-landing-zones
    --test-config
    --game-mode
    --allow-cheats
    --allow-lan
    --load-replay
    --no-players
    --no-waiting
    --no-throttle
    --time-limit
    --log-threshold
    --allow-crash-api
    --enable-crash-reporting
    --disable-replays
    --port
    --matchmaking-url
    --debug-port
    --content-dev
    --scripturl
    --paurl
    --download-dir
    --mount-zips
    --max-players
    --max-spectators
    --server-name
    --server-password
    --default-lobby-name
    --default-game-type
    --replay-filename
    --replay-timeout
    --gameover-timeout
    --community-servers-url
    --community-server-public-host
    --community-server-region
    Make a bat file pointing to \bin_x64\server.exe and ensure you use --allow-lan,
    --game-mode "PAExpansion1:lobby" (for titans),
    --headless
  6. lorodion

lorodion Member

That's what I've been doing, but the server does not show up in the lobby list. It did before when I had the mod, I'm pretty sure that was the mod's purpose..?
  7. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

This means that no other custom servers will show up in the lobby. You can however invite other players to join you.
  8. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member

Dont mean to bump an old thread but I too am having issues running a dedicated server. I used to host a while ago, on a windows machine using this guide
    [Apparently I cant post links but it was that exodus server one about making a dedicated server in ubuntu]
    (although I installed NodeJS in the windows way, and had to do other things to get it to work)

a few months later, I lost that machine, and have to build from scratch. I am again using a windows server, though this time, no matter what I do with NodeJS or my CMD script, I cant get the server to show in PAlobby, or in the game multiplayer screen. I tried installing the windible mod (it wasnt in the ingame mod browser, so I put tits folder manually into the mods and in the client_mods folder. PAMM sees it and lets me enable it, and in PA, the community mods section lists it as installed, but I dont see any buttons for its use anywhere.

frankly I am stumped.

(and yes I port fowarded, canyouseeme reports that 20545 is open
  9. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

^ -> No private server can be shown in the lobby / game browser anymore unfortunately.
  10. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member

I recall reading that in the thread. Are there instructions I can follow for installing the Wondible mod? As I stated, I added it to my mod folders, it shows up in the mod list in the community mods section, but I cant see any box anywhere to type in an IP. Am I doing something wrong?
  11. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

You need to go under "settings" then "server" tab to enter you IP/port, once you did it'll appear in the "connect to" button on the main screen.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.12.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.12.26 PM.png
  12. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member

I have neither options under the settings tab or within the main menu, its as if the mod isnt installed

PAMM shows the mod installed and enabled, and under the community mods section, I see it under the "installed" mods though
    Last edited: August 13, 2018
  13. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

I installed that mod using the in game mod manager (community mods), maybe try to remove your local version and install the one that's available in the CMM? (search for "connect").
    That's the only thing I can think of, sorry.
  14. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member

Alright, I got it to work.

I went to PAMM, disabled the mod there, then went to the file directories I copied the mod to, deleted them, went into the PA community mods, found the mod there and downloaded it, and disabled the PA-Mod-Manager under the install tab.

Thanks everyone!
    lulamae and grandhomie like this.