I want to Re-Install this Game. Will there be any active servers?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by scottyholden, February 3, 2014.

1. scottyholden

scottyholden New Member

Honestly, I haven't played a game in the last 2 years that even holds a torch to this game. I've been searching endlessly for something simmillar to it, but haven't had any luck. Pushing bots, taking down turrets, in a teambased multiplayer shootemup. Even if you had your *** handed to you by player characters, there was no better feeling then destroying a whole line of bots. It was almost seamless. SMNC was crap, and completely ruined the fastpaced amazingness that was MNC.

Is there any way for this game to make some sort of comeback, maybe make it free on steam? I know it won't become what it used to be but...

Is there a small community of people who still play that I can join up with? Steam community that I can add and join when games are ongoing? If there is please let me know.

Doesnt look like this forum gets much attention from anyone, so any responses are appreciated.
  2. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

PC mnc is dead. Xbox is still alive.
  3. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Xbox mnc has aboot 1000+ players weekly. Privates happen weekly.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It is harder to get PC games going, XBox just kind of tosses people together with the successful accomplishment of 1000+ players weekly and still being kept alive.

If this game had a mutator (it is server released unreal engine, it's possible right?), and balanced it, it would really have a place, it is in fact a shame.

There is always SMNC, it is free, but most people agree it isn't MNC, it is like LoL/DoTA/that-other-one played using MNC characters and controls.
  5. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

Minimum is under development, sounds a lot like the MNC games without being held back by the fact that indie devs are usually pretty restricted as far as funding goes.

I still don't get why people like(d) MNC on the PC, the game is horridly bug riddled and unbalanced.
    Last edited: April 21, 2014
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Actually, some unreal adjustments serverside allow for some balance adjustments. You know, ones that you would obviously have adjusted, players can now adjust so they do.
  7. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Pretty dead atm