Human Resources on tablet?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by stonewood1612, October 24, 2014.

1. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

What is this crazy idea you have there, Stonewood? :eek:

Well, I did indeed get a pretty revolutionary idea of bringing HR to tablet. When HR makes it's return (either as the same concept or a different form) it'd be pretty interesting to see an RTS on a tablet. Not possible? I played an RTS game on my NDS a long time ago. It was very limited, yet fun. And recently I've been playing Dune 2 on my (very) crappy phone. If HR sees a return in the next year, it would take 2-3 years to release it and by the time then, tablets will likely be (more than) twice as powerful as they are today. I'm saying there just aren't enough (hardly any) RTS games for touchscreen devices, while it's possible. It's of course limited, compared to pc hardware.

So what about people who just don't want to play on a touchscreen? My fingers are too fat and clumsy! :oops:

There could (should really) be still a larger computer version. The tablet version would be limited in map size, amount of players and unit cap, while the computer version won't. They are the same game pretty much, the computer version is just bigger. Because the tablet version is smaller, it would be cheaper too. Interesting? I think it's something that's possible. As long as the game isn't too fast-paced, doesn't require much micro, it would work. An isometric perspective would also work really nicely, while it does get rid of cinematic angles, it's the best for mobile 3d strategy games. (as you can see with all clash of clans style games.) Having both a pc and tablet version would be more work, but not a whole lot if the engine runs universally. So the controls, limitation and graphics quality would be the major differences.

What makes you think Uber would invest their time and money in such a thing? o_O

Nothing, it's just a raw idea. I'm not sure if it would work. At all. That's why I need thoughts. I do like playing games on touchscreens, don't you too? :p And Uber has made mobile games before... just not very large games. So they do have some experience, which is still more than a million times better than nothing.

What do you think of playing HR (and RTS games in general) on a tablet? Interesting? Too fiddly? Too crazy? Is Stonewood going totally nuts?! :rolleyes:
    ozonexo3 likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I do not own a tablet and I generally play at home in front of my pricey computer setup for which I want games that actually use it.
  3. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

I play a lot on phone and I will be happy to see good RTS for touchscreen devices. HR can be a realy good concept for that