Hotfix Build 80462

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, April 14, 2015.

1. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

This bug still exists, I'm still getting it.

I know it might sound crazy, but sometimes whilst in game I'm selecting what to build using fabricators and moving my cursor quickly along the stuff to build and while I'm doing that BAM. My game freezes, I can still move my cursor, I can move the game camera, but I can't click anything or press F5/Alt+F4 or any of the other keys. I can't move units, I litterally can't do anything but either watch the game in horror as I tried to build umbrellas to defend my planet from the soon-coming units from the unit cannons on another planet. But nooo. This bug comes along and says hi. It gets in my face and says restart the game. I restart the game and the no vision bug hits me. The units are approaching my commander and I don't even know it- because after I restart my game and reconnect the no-vision bug, the baby of the bug I talked about earlier says hi too. I press F5 and all that stuff and it doesn't work. 25 minute game wasted. Ded.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this bug still exists and I know the cause of it and how to cause it to do that...

But I don't know the fix.

Anyway,

Step 1. Spawn in a game

Step 2. Build a factory

Step 3. Build a fabricator

Step 4. Quickly move your cursor along the options for building things with your fabricator, but don't click any of the build options until you have moved across at least 4 build options and do so in VERY quick succession. (In order to do the bug, I'm not sure but I think you also need to move the in-game camera by jerking your cursor back down and back up to the build options, but only attempt if the bug still doesn't reveal itself)

Step 5. You get the same bug I had, unable to do anything and the only thing you can do is move your cursor and the game camera. You can still hear the game music, you can see everything but do nothing.

Step 6. Force quit the game not by Alt+f4 but by control+alt+delete or a force quit command that is already build into your OS.

Step 7. Start up PA again, log in and reconnect to the server.

Step 8. You now have encountered a different bug. You can't see anything- no units, no nothing except the planets and other players chatting. You can click and press F5 all you want but that isn't going to help... your only option is to 1. leave the game 2. surrender, then you can see all the units as a spectator (and surrendering is as long as you haven't died already, after you die you can see all the units of enemies) 3. attempt but horribly fail to try and rid of the bug.

So there you have it- a bug that has actually been there before it was identified and finally TRUELY identified and unmasked. Before it could happen any time, but this bug still exists in another form, and that form being this one above.

Please rid of the bug.
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

This bug happened to me as well, I had to exit the game to fix it, luckily I was able to rejoin my game when I logged back in.
  3. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

Yea but when I tried to rejoin the game sometimes it doesn't show anything. Sometimes it does, but I can't seem to pinpoint that variable, whether it will show or not show. I know the variable that causes it not to show, but how about the variable that makes that happen or not? I don't know that, but I still have identified the bug.
  4. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

There is just something sad about the pathing now it's just getting to me.
    warrenkc likes this.
  5. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

It sounds like you are experiencing a UI bug. The "vision after reconnect" bug addressed an issue with the vision/fog of war in the game. Please submit a ticket to Support and we can review your game logs to determine if it's due to a known Coherent UI issue.
    tesseracta likes this.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The UI becoming non-responsive, requiring a restart, happens to me a lot since this Hotfix build too (or maybe the one that required the hotfix). About once every third game, and very occasionally it even happens multiple times during a game. I do not have any problems with vision after reconnecting to the game though. Would you like my logs for that as well? I can run them at the debug level if you like.
    See also this post for a sample log for an UI hang: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/question-for-linux-users.68150/page-4#post-1082201
  7. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

I just experienced a pretty big bug last night in GW. I was fighting a faction leader on a four planet map. There were four enemy commanders I needed to kill. I had taken out two of the enemy commanders and saved the game to finish later. I came back and chose "continue" and it loaded up but the other two enemy commanders were already dead and I was awarded victory. Not only did I win that battle but the entire Galactic War! I had one more faction to defeat but was given total victory.
  8. DeathByDenim

You might want to upload that save somewhere if it's stored locally, so they can take a look at it. Or otherwise the name of the save if you play on-line.
  9. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

When I chose the option to load (beta), there were no saves available. I just went to my active Galactic War and I had the option to restart or continue the battle I was in. If there's a log I can send in I'd be happy to do it.
  10. DeathByDenim

Ah, sorry. I assumed they were like regular saves. I haven't played GW for a while. :)
  11. stephen2002

stephen2002 New Member

It was certainly by itself on the planet but it probably had a teleporter somewhere in there. It wasn't moving units into it though, they were just massing at their base like it used to. There were so many when I finally did start attacking that base it took a while for the units to unclog.

The pathfinding is also still nearly useless when it comes to buildings. When I grab and engineer and tell it to build something in the base most of the time the engineer just ends up nosed into a building. I know that behavior has been there for a long time, it's just frustrating to see. It's frustrating to be in the heat of battle, order up some structures, and then come back to realize the engineers were just hanging out next to a building the whole time.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

@sorian

There's a bug in the AI test AllMetalSpotsFull. At the start of a game it should be false, but it appears that it's never false. I also tested to see if the value was reversed by accident, but it's not true at the beginning of a game either. Any test relying on this check will fail.

It's possible it gets set to true correctly when the metal spots are full, but I didn't test that far.
    Last edited: April 30, 2015
    wondible likes this.
  13. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I have seen a annoying bug alot of times the last month, when you start the game the UI dosent appear and you can't select a stating position. F5 dosent work, you have too close down the game and reconnect
    warrenkc likes this.
  14. s03g

s03g Member

Take a look at this thread as we too had this problem and the way we fixed it was by limiting the amount of coherent processes are running.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

According to the server AI logs, the condition NeedAdvancedNavalFabber isn't recognised.
  16. wondible

wondible Post Master General

17. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I found a small bug in the current build (80462). It seems that when a Unit Cannon build is left unfinished, it never actually slowly dissolves away as every other building does currently. The one pictured below stayed in exactly the same unfinished state (94% complete) for about 17 minutes (until the end of the game - ID 16769089102251791862).

upload_2015-5-10_21-38-1.png
    mkrater likes this.
  18. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Pelican load and unload often does not work even when area is clear
  19. elodea

elodea Post Master General

How i get coherent ui crashes on system load

reproduction: start pa in fullscreen windowed, create game, press start, alt tab.
  20. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Should Combat Fabbers be able to build Land Mines in the water? o_O

upload_2015-5-24_18-7-55.png
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    tesseracta likes this.