Hey-- YOU! Don't post that whine. Read this instead!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by fischbs, February 9, 2011.

1. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

No, it's dumb to play passively.

You learn by playing offensively, and tapering your losses as you gain experience and skill.

You can't gauge consistent incremental increases in attack potential.
  2. Bryceybryce

Bryceybryce New Member

Dude this is pretty good all i gotta say is that a level three lazerblazer in that circle map right near the door of your base (rightside of base forsure) with a sniper with traps... huge speedbump plus the lazerblazer is invulnerable unless someone gets in base, which your traps will prevent. Plus the traps stop bots if you have to do something and leave the area, which should never happen because a sniper with exploding bullets is imo the best anti-bot machine in the game, range plus splash damage, groups of bots drop in seconds.
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Indeed, but be careful.

Cost effectiveness is the name of the game. How much time does it take to get a level 3 lazer blazer going? I know it takes $175. With that money you could have gotten a level one rocket faster that has better strength and does better damage.

If you can prevent yourself from dropping below 125 cash or preferably 250 cash then you can prevent any disaster or take better control of the map.
  4. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

Great post and good thread too. I have played now for a few hours and I wish I had read this first. I love playing support and there have been times I have run right into a turret nest chasing a 'Sin trying to finish her off only to die. Of course, I was still learning the maps and didn't realize I was in the enemy base. :)

Reading the thread gives good insight as to when I may want to take certain chances. Both the OP and the replies are well worth the read for new players. The "advanced strategies" give us noobs something to work toward and another way to think.

Thank you OP for posting and thanks to those taking the time to reply.
  5. jockhockey

jockhockey New Member

Thanks I am a new noob who just bought it today from steam, should help. If I can just refresh the damn turrets.
  6. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Yeah it can get that way.
  7. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Sticky this on.the other side of the fora, too!