Hey, let's make a naval titan

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by probodobodyne, December 12, 2016.

1. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Hello guys. So I know some modelling myself, but I haven't modded for this game at all before. I would like to see a naval titan, as a small mod that anybody could pick up; not intrusive, not very different from vanilla, you know just a little mod. Like Titan Gantry. Big mods are cool but small mods are easier to pick up and feel like a less drastic change.

I have a couple of problems here.

1. I can't texture. I mean I suppose I can paint a UV map but I only know Sketchup and I don't know how to create said UV map. Also not very familiar with the game's style. So if you want to help me, then texturing would help a lot. Icons too, I suppose. Can those be automatically included as part of a server mod anyway? Would be great if everyone could see the icon without having activated the mod themselves.

2. I don't have an exact concept for a naval titan. A few bullet points I have in mind, which don't all need to be simultaneously included are:

* It's a mobile anti-nuke.
    * It has some form of anti-orbital weapon.
    * It can repair friendly units at a rather long range.
    * It has an onboard advanced radar.

So unlike the other titans and perhaps like Helios, this Titan is not about straightforward destruction, but it has a wide array of support roles. The aesthetic would probably be something like a landing ship, destroyer or the like. Maybe it could even have Lobs that fire Bolos or the point defense of Angel at a much higher range. I'd like to hear people's ideas on this.

What do you think?
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

have it launch drones like the typhoon
    give it aa and ao .. give it torpedoes for antinaval and sub ... should be good
  3. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Make it a mini nuke launching sub