Gunner Underpowered?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Not Officer Willy, August 22, 2011.

1. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Your joking write?
  2. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

If charge wasn't in the game, how would I deal with Assassins easily? Honestly, if charge 3 didn't have a stun, Assassins would still have a hard time against Tanks, hell I don't even upgrade to 3 much and they don't touch me unless it's a mid-air grapple or juiced slashys.
  3. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Yesh
  4. Not Officer Willy

Not Officer Willy New Member

Might as well lock this entire section "Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues" since it's just falling on death ears. Lock this thread as well mods.
  5. blindeyes133

blindeyes133 New Member

Personally, I feel the gunner is amazing. While yes, the grapple does next to nothing, the slam is invaluable when dealing with assasins, golden rate of fire + dual mini gun absolutely wrecks even overhealed classes, and uber'd while using the mortar insta kills enemy players/ turrets.
  6. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Any call for a buff for the gunner is a waste of time friend. There was a time when this game came out that the gunner had better damage than any other class besides the sniper. That was deemed too powerful.... I mean it's not like he's using a double minigun or anything.

They nerfed the gunner's range with the first patch. At the same time they made the game laggier overall. A little known problem is that if you were a gold/silver rate of fire user then you can't get all that dps you had before if the game lags AT ALL.

Theoretically the gunner's damage didn't change much. In real situations he went down to being the 3rd or 4th highest range damage character. Which is just dumb.

The design of the gunner class having a grapple skill was stupid in that it wasn't combined with some kind of charge maneuver. How exactly does the slowest guy on the map plan to grapple everyone? If buying the grapple skill made you take less damage (or reduce the effects of an enemy's grapple/charge by one level per purchase) it would have been reasonable.

You also forget to mention that the slam could be interrupted and that was a terrible mistake from a balance standpoint. Tank charge can't be interrupted but Gunner charge can be interrupted.... I see no favoritism there.

If they had introduced a new set of skills that you could change out some or all of your skills there would have been some hope for the gunner.

No one ever bought the grapple skill as a gunner because you didn't need it. And that's the point really is that from day one (when the gunner was actually balanced with the other classes) the gunner had 1 skill that worked.

The only reason anyone ever bought the turret skill was because you wanted to juice kill the moneyball just a little faster. Let's not forget that the tank always had a better deployed skill than the gunner too (again no favoritism or anything).

The short version is that everyone I knew who played this game quit playing after the first patch on the 360. Support got nerfed to oblivion and gunner got nerfed to oblivion. Assault got a huge buff, tank got a huge buff, Assassin got a huge buff and the sniper stayed quite powerful but was a little less broken.
  7. gunked

gunked New Member

I definitely agree, deploying in front of the spawn door is way better as a tank.