GOG.com version

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by radongog, August 18, 2015.

1. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Simple question @jables:
    When? It´s the perfect time for getting your already DRM-free game on GOG!

And you know what I wanna hear from you---don´t disappoint me... ;)
    PhoneySpring646, temeter and Remy561 like this.
  2. Matster

Matster Active Member

Simple question @jables:
    Regarding gog version. It is of utmost importance that the game if it comes to gog.com starts in offline mode without any connections made to Uber servers or this will be seen as drm there. As much as I understand if I do not turn the local server to on in settings the game even in offline mode makes connection to company servers. Correct me if I am wrong. I would like to see this game there but if there is only a smell of drm then the possible launch there will be a totall disaster. Radon knows very well what im talking about.
    Remy561 and radongog like this.
  3. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Not that I play games on GoG, but yeah it should be available anywhere! Especially for this second chance!
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

I like GOG and would love to be on there. We'll see what happens.
  5. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

You certainly didn´t disappoint me with that answer... :cool:
    ...hoping just the best to happen for all of us around! :)
  6. Matster

Matster Active Member

Hope you read my reply above if you do decide to come to gog cause if you think Steam shitstorm is bad then prepare for gog user response if you don't bring a drm-free singleplayer (aka no internet connection whatsoever). Eitherway thanks for even thinking about gog.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Single player requires no connection to the Internet. =P
  8. Matster

Matster Active Member

I understand that but question is if the game makes a connection to company servers if internet is active on a user pc when he is in offline mode (be it for update or whatever). If the game does make such a connection then gog forums will burn the game to ground. This is what I meant. Auto updaters and such stuff are not really welcome there unless there is an option to switch them on and off (where they should be off by default in gog version).
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Typically yes, but you can disable it in the options menu by setting it to hosting a server yourself.
  10. Matster

Matster Active Member

Ok, basically gog version would need to be shipped with default option of local server on with everything else shutdown (updater, etc.) by default and would turn local server to auto for multiplayer. As it is now I can not see momentary version to be approved for gog release since the community would respond violently to what they may percieve as drm. Its better to have things sorted out before release since PA had enough unnecessary shitstorms already. Eitherway its for jables and others to decide if its worth it for them to invest in a gog release and addapt the game copy.