Give me your favorite systems for a new "Systems" section of PA Matches!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, February 18, 2014.

1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Thanks to the System Sharing Mod, PA Matches will be adding a Systems section to the site so players can find cool systems and planets to play on.

I'd like your help!

Post on here the info of your favorite systems and I'll add them to the PA Matches systems gallery along with the PA Matches category of the System Sharing mod so we can all enjoy really cool systems.
    drz1 likes this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Cool! You can actually even do a specially formatted request to a url on my servers and get back all the shared systems. If you want to put in the work, you can automatically build a page with all the systems people have shared.

*Edit*

To clarify for everyone, the reason for PA Matches and a couple others having their own servers is because the default one can be kind of a free for all right now. It's great that anyone can share systems, but we also know that means you aren't guaranteed quality if you just want a quick game. Brian has his own server so that PA Matches can be one of the trusted places to look for good maps.
    Last edited: February 18, 2014
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'll upload mine soon. Every game I play with it I get 1 or 2 people asking how they can save it (there have been 1 or 2 haters too lol) but it seems popular either way.
  4. brianpurkiss

You can't upload systems to the PA Matches sever in the System Sharing Plugin. Those have to be uploaded by me.
  5. iron420

So how do I give you my map?
  6. brianpurkiss

Currently... just post it here. Or message me. Or something. Or upload it to the SYstem Sharing mod and then telling me which one it is.

After I get this launched, I'll have a more streamlined system. It'll probably include uploading it to the System Sharing mod and then using the PA Matches contact form to tell me which one. Or something.
  7. iron420

Post it here in what file format? Or do you mean list out the generation details to recreate it?
  8. brianpurkiss

I am not aware of a file format that can be shared as of yet.

Just listing out the generation is pretty much the only way I'm aware of at the time being. Aside from posting it through the System Sharing plugin and then telling me which one it is.
  9. iron420

Well... Looks like PA doesn't like to run while I'm remote desktoped into my home machine from work so I'll have to wait until I get home :(
  10. brianpurkiss

That's a bummer.

No rush.
  11. cptconundrum

PA uses a javascript object to represent the systems, but it isn't exactly nice to look at and you need to sort of hack the game to get the json string. System Sharing just takes that object, turns it into a json string, and uploads it to a server. I think that's as close to a file format as we're going to get with the current system editor.
  12. brianpurkiss

Ooh. and give me some cool system names. :)
  13. cptconundrum

Check out my Fantasy Land system on the default server. I think it looks cool, has a couple interesting terrain features, and the starts seem more or less balanced (based on a quick look).

*Edit*
    More specifically, I just love this.
    canal.jpg
    Last edited: February 19, 2014
  14. brianpurkiss

Sahweet. I'll take a look at it.