Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. kmike13

kmike13 Member

soo i cant do anything... it seems I selected an unfinished nuke launcher, and i cant deselect it. I cant move any of my units or do anything. I'm in game right now and my commander is hiding on another planet while I attempt to build engines on the moon.
  2. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I'm curious, what performance increases have you got? mine is still the same, FPS starts dropping badly because my VRAM is at 100% most of the time still
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

What's your configuration ? i'm running i7 3770k/32gigsMem/660TI

Improvements :
    Network latency really comes later (and is not increasing like hell over time with more and more units)
    And my FPS does not reduce as much as it did with previous alpha build.
  4. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Problem with Backend resources ??? i'm attempting to publish a game (10 attempts at least) and it hangs either before going to lobby or just after clicking ready (playing against AI)
  5. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

What does the biome scale slider do in the planet editor? It's not size, that's the radius slider. I moved it around and found no difference.
    Last edited: September 26, 2013
  6. hyperforce

hyperforce New Member

I can't seem to rotate the planet with my right mouse button anymore. Is this intentional?

I had my game crash when I pressed the build button in the solar system editor with 5 planets.

I started a game, but I can't pause it in any way I could find, pause seems to switch me to the chronocam but not actually stop the game, so when I had to leave my pc for a while the AI had swarmed the map with aircraft.

This is just an ease of life thing, but could we get the % readout on the current production speed like in supcom. When you click the resources energy / mass, you normally read the income and outgoing amounts. In supcom, pressing these would toggle them to how much % the current production speed is.
  7. MazK

MazK New Member

I noticed that trees now disappear when further away, looks kinda weird. It's not in the system editor, only ingame. Also having some troubles with the virtual texturing, like black/striped textures etc. But not when I created a system myself, only using the random planets.

I've also noticed that in the system view, the textures disappear at some side of the planet when they are near the edge of the window. It looks somewhat like frustum culling that doesn't take the planet rotation into account.

Edit: still a good job on the rest of the update aka going into beta :p
  8. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

I may be retarded or something, but how do you pick up something with the orbital lander?
  9. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

AMD Phenom II X6 @3.2Ghz
    windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
    Asus Mobo
    Dual Nvidia GTX 560 Ti's in SLI (disabled sli because of the massive performance hit)
    Nvidia Driver 306.97
    Creative Sound Blaster Z
    BFG PSU 1000WATT
    1TB standard 7200RPM harddrive

I've seen an improvement with the VRAM where it doesn't use BOTH cards VRAM now even if sli was disabled it still used the same amount from both cards for some reason in Alpha. Massive slow downs in the system editor but most people are having that issue I think, and durring matches i get a lot of stutter and pauses, black squares start appearing as it tries to render the planet textures when I zoom out because my VRAM is at 98% 1003MB out of 1024MB. Dont get any slow downs if its not close to max, but as the match progresses, more stuff is happening vram goes to the max. VRAM still isn't clearing so I have to exit the game to clear it whenever I want to make 2 systems, or have 2 games in a row, otherwise its like 900MB at the end of one game, and when I start another, I'm already using 900+ before I've even done anything in a new game.
  10. osirus9

osirus9 Member

Land it with the "L" key, then right click on it with a unit and they will go inside. Only commanders and land fabs are supported right now
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Builds transport, shoots into orbit, comes back down to pick something up, and then slowly rises back up....lol.