Gazing into my Crystal Ball...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by YourLocalMadSci, July 14, 2014.

1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

@neutrino The vast majority do not understand game development or any kind of programming. One of the primary reasons for people is to give involved with this project with the to see behind the velvet curtain of game development. We cannot understand or empathize with you guys until we have the information in order to do that. It could be done by having a weekly or biweekly blog post, newsletter, etc. Detailing what's going on in a high level overview because we really don't need to know the daily minutia. A general sense of what's happening and how the game is developing would help to go a long way. Here are two great resources that would help you guys these are the Art of Community and Dealing with Disrespect. I highly recommend both of these and both are licensed underneath a Creative Commons license.

Best Regards,

Cody
    Last edited: July 16, 2014
    vyolin and carlorizzante like this.
  2. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

D-does this nanolathe housing make me look fat?
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

No it does not make you look fat.
  4. pieman2906

Really? Oh, that's good, because Osiris said I reminded him of Centurion when I wore it last time.

Rallus seems to get all the attention, but is being that skinny even healthy?
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

No way, but I'm sure beast is a real... beast.. ;)
  6. pieman2906

Beast doesn't get out much though, I hardly ever see him around, super elusive.
  7. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

...two great resources that would help you guys these are the Art of Community and Dealing with Disrespect. I highly recommend both of these and both are licensed underneath a Creative Commons license.[/quote]

Thanks for recommending those resources. Very useful for a wide range of purposes.
    lokiCML and vyolin like this.
  8. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

That is not how writing a book works. It is actually rather similar to making a game. But whatever.

PA is an awesome technical achievement, it is a good game and most people are very happy that you are up to the task. There is only one thing that needs more polishing than PA itself at this point, and that is your PR. Seriously, be more open and upfront about your decisions and no one will give a rat's, uhm, well no one will care if some features are delayed or scrapped altogether.
    Talk to people. Most human beings are totally in to that kind of stuff. More than unit cannons even, I would reckon.

Apart from that, genuine question regarding micro-transactions. I am a bit spoiled by how the 'Path of Exile' developer handles that, namely cosmetic only: Alternate spell effects, weapon and armor skins, that kind of stuff. Will we see similar stuff in PA at some point, and not only for commanders? I am thinking different explosions, projectiles, unit lights, dynamic colors here. All stuff that should be similar in effort to new commanders in terms of creation but enjoying a lot more screen time than those single units.

Keep it up.