Gather(Tired of pub matches?)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by verden, April 13, 2011.

1. verden

verden New Member

To those who are unclear about what a gather exactly is, well in this case it's basically 12 people(random or not) who play as competitive as they can. Choosing two captains and from there the captains pick out their team.

At the moment, Raw Messiah is offering one server dedicated to gathers only.

So far, the way it's going to be is we'll be having channels on mumble dedicated to a specific gather server. So in this case we'll have the root channel "RWM Gather(password)" And the subchannels "Hotshots" and "Icemen".

When you join, it's prefered you keep your playable classes in parentheses as so:

"verden(gunner_sin_support)" and so forth.

When the teams have been divided, you each go to your side channel. Discuss who plays what. When you're ready, join the server. The server will require a minimum of 12 players to begin, so you can take your time. The password is provided in the root channel's name. I am aware this means it's open for anyone on the mumble, but I think it's worth a shot considering it's mainly people who actually want to try it out who reads this(I hope).

We might provide the IP as well in the mumble, but I hope people will add the dedicated gather servers to their favourite in any case.

How many maps you play is pretty much up to you, we haven't figured out all the details, so it's certainly a work in progress.

If you feel like this idea is worth trying out and you own a public server, you're more than welcome to let us know if you want it used for gathers. The name of the server is irrelevant, except that it should state the fact that it's a gather server. We would love support on this idea! And we'd create a channel for that specific server with it's password etc. on mumble

As I said it's merely a work in progress, to get the whole mnc community playing together. Well at least those who love teamwork and competitive play! :D

Let us hear your input and feedback!
  2. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Good idea, sir. And a rather popular one, over 50 views in like 4 days!
  3. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

Is this still going on? I think this is a fantastic idea. I've been floating around looking for a clan but I'm really not having much luck. I think this is a great way to help people get in to competitive play without being bound to a clan.
  4. Myst

Myst New Member

We still have the gather server, but don't think we've gotten a real gather outside of our organised "Skill Play" days on Wednesday and Saturday (I think this thread was more a chance to get feedback on the idea).
    There are people on the Mumble pretty much all the time though, so feel free to hop on anytime and ask for a game - should be able to sort something out.
    You're also welcome to join us every Wednesday and Saturday at 7pm BST/6 pm GMT
  5. Robinson

Robinson New Member

And Monday and Tuesday and Sunday. Introducing RWM Skill play dayweekmonthminute!
  6. Velijah

Velijah New Member

No more Juicebots and other lame masquotes. ITS SUMO ASSAULT TIME!
  7. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

I didn't realize you guys were Europe based. What are pings like from US to EU? I would love to join in, but I'm concerned it would be unplayable.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Like 110. Fireman should know it pretty well.
    Last edited: April 30, 2011
  9. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

What is this I don't even
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Your fault. Your accent rubbed off.
  11. Robinson

Robinson New Member

That's not the only thing he rubbed off.