Game unplayable in AMD R7 200 series, help me please!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by andreexd, October 24, 2016.

1. andreexd

andreexd New Member

So i've been playing the classic PA for a time now, and i absolutely love it for some various reasons, and i was even considering upgrading to Titans, BUT, i've encountered a problem that makes me unable to play, and is actually making me want to give up on this game.
    So i usually play on my notebook, which has a GeForce 820M graphic card, and i never had any problem.
    So i tried to play on another PC, which has a AMD R7 200 series card, and i can't play anything.
    Everytime i try to load a planet, all the metal spots and the landing zones take a while to appear, then after that, sometimes i can select a zone to land, but when my commander reaches the ground ,the bottom part of the interface simply refuses to appear, and i get stuck there without being able to do anyhting.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? i really like this game , but this bugs are making me want to stop playing
    I have tried to do many things such as updating my drivers, enabling and disabling the UI by pressing ctrl+u and pressing F5 to sort-of reload the game but none of those things have helped.

EDIT: i have also tried using this (https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...rx480-driver-16-7-3.71930/page-2#post-1134822) which fixed the metal problem, but the lower interface lot loading problem is still there
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Could you post some of the logs as described here: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Main_Page#Reporting_Issues ?
    If you are on Windows, also include the DxDiag.txt.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. andreexd

andreexd New Member

So i was also searching for possible problems and i found out that i had a very outdated version of PA mod manager with only one mod installed(which was also very outdated), then i uninstalled both and updated the graphics card driver to the one linked above.
    Then when i loaded the game it went back to what it was supposed to be.
    Thank you guys!
    tunsel11 and cdrkf like this.