Game status brain dump

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, November 25, 2013.

1. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

Company of Heroes had global chat.
    I can never imagine CoH without it.
    I have made friends, arranged for games and sometimes chatted more than played the game itself.

When I moved to SupCom2, I missed the chat option and hated the game for it!
  2. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

I'd like to see you guys implement a global chat. I think it would be quite useful.
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Last edited: November 26, 2013
  4. plink

plink Active Member

Thanks for the awesome update Neutrino.

The 'chat lobby' (if you DO decide to add it) needs to be entirely optional, and something that you only see if you actually want to. Otherwise, as you stated, it could wreck the game for a lot of people. Too many morons out there.

I most certainly DO NOT want to be automatically entered into a chat every time I start the game.
    lokiCML likes this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So make it that there is an option for it. Have it turned on per default, but people who dislike it can turn it of.

Also I think every time somebody who is so against a chat I am now gonna ask:
    What have you played before that your view of a global chat is so negative? I am still wondering where so many people got the idea that a global chat is this problematic.
  6. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I would like to thank every-one here indvidually for their efforts in making the most AWESOME rts ever...

Sorian -
    Thank-you for you hard work on the AI, it continually impresses me how well it functions this early in its development. and the speed at which you implement new updates to also blows my mind :)

Steve -
    I can't thank you enough, it runs on my tablet pc, and works fine on ivybridge graphics which blew my mind the most, what you guys are achieving is by no means an easy task even on high end systems,it really blows my mind that this runs on low end systems.

Chris H. -
    I'm so patiently waiting for a glimpse at the AWESOME in store for the modding community, i'm very thankful you have devoted your time to this area as it will be one thing that will add continual updates, upgrades and improvements to the game long after release :) without this the game wouldn't be a timeless classic 10-20 years down the road..

Brian F. -
    Once again thank-you, this is most awesome as it is an amazing thing to be able to run an EPIC RTS on low end systems..
    In the end so many more people are going to be able to enjoy the released game without the need for upgrading to the newest or most up to date hardware with excessive amounts of RAM

David J. -
    I can't wait to see what amazing things your adding :)
    Alliance UI sounds AWESOME... having in game alliance feature was well above my expectations, I wasn't expecting anything more than basic Multi-player with a few different game modes/win conditions, the whole alliance things adds a whole new layer of AWESOME to the game :)

Bruce L. -
    Thank-you for working hard on extra content for the game.
    I don't even know how many extra units there were going to be , i thought it was going to be simpler than what it is now with less units ,
    More units = More Awesome so i'm always happy to see and try new things and ideas..

WJ -
    In game notifications!! COOL .. wow that's pretty awesome ..
    Thank-you hopefully it helps with getting feedback from off-screen events and chat messages too..

Howard -
    I'm envious of your musical talent :)
    Thank-you for adding something that will help make PA a timeless classic....

Kevin -
    Thank-you for all your hard work as well!

Nick -
    Thanks heaps for working on area commands, this will make gameplay and base setup so much faster and easier on players.

Forrest -
    Another i don't think i can thank-you enough here.. Wow teleporters and the unit-cannon , these have to be 2 of the hardest to add but most AWESOME units of the game.

Ryan -
    Wow reworking the camera system, Thank-you for putting the time and love where its needed!!
    Camera has a big play in gameplay so im keen to see some of the new stuff jon's talking about :)

Elijah -
    Thank-you for continually working on pathing,, i can't even imagine how hard it is to path on an irregular sphere!!
    And what i saw on Chris Taylors video blog on King and Castles Blog#20 i think,, That blew my mind on so many levels!!!! having custom formation shapes based on a shape you make/paint on the ground.. WOW!!!!!

Bob -
    Coool .. new launcher, i cant wait to see it :) Make sure it has UPDATE YOUR VIDEO CARD links at the top :) ... lol

Adam -
    I can only imagine this will make streaming the game as an eSport so much easier than what we do now setting up our own streaming app's.. THANK-YOU :)

Everyone Working on Galactic War.. Thank-you to you all.
    A procedural generated galaxy is just AWESOME,, having a simple skirmish was my impression when i first saw the game, but having a randomly generated meta game on top of skirmish is too cool ...
    Another thing that i think will make this game a timeless classic..

All in all , I think you guys are doing a great job of making the impossible possible.. ..
    THANK_YOU :)
    Last edited: November 26, 2013
    raygun1, BulletMagnet, drz1 and 3 others like this.
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Does anyone know of a web service that will automatically forward you to the right video card update site for what you have installed?
    drz1 and LavaSnake like this.
  8. maxpowerz

Also .. i forgot to thank Neutrino and Garat !!!!
    Thank-you for going out of your way to post this information, you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to inform the community of things being worked on and things to come..
    We respect your openness with us .. THANK-YOU :)
    Last edited: November 27, 2013
    drz1 and LavaSnake like this.
  9. maxpowerz

HA .. are you kidding,, *jokes*
    I think its called .. MaxPowerz and SXX .. lol

I will get hunting for you > .. i will alert SXX too, he may know of a few good ones !!
    drz1 likes this.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I remember Warframe having a feature like that in game. I remember the first time I went to adjust my video settings it warned me I had to update to the latest drivers before I could tweak anything. There was a link to a D/l and all.
  11. maxpowerz

I just suggested something like that to Neutrino in a PM :) .. lol
    Have the launcher detect driver version and popup a dialog with a link to the relevant vendors site with a "Please update to XXXX version of driver or later" text in it..
  12. TehOwn

TehOwn Member

Nooo... no Global chat... just another thing to turn off.
    Why do we need a "Global" chat at all? What are we gonna talk about?
    I'm all for an "Announcements" channel where livestreams/matches/etc can be announced by authorized individuals but not a channel for people to say, "Yay, my pizza has arrived." and "Has anyone seen the new Jackass movie?" and "Lets rename this game Hornet Wars". No thanks.
  13. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

• Hi, I'm a newb, does anybody, my econ sucks, does anybody want to walk me through it?
    • Hey hey, anybody feel like a wacky Thermopylae game?
    • I just got spanked in my last round, can anybody review the replay?
    There are lots of reasons to have one.
    I just think it's a powderkeg with dangerous possibilities for Uber and the game and community.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

This is a multiplayer online video game. Which means there is a big social aspect to it. "Announcements" aren't in real time, like a chatroom is.
  15. TehOwn

TehOwn Member

To avoid negative impact on this thread, I've moved my 'Global chat' discussion to a dedicated thread.

Please find replies/poll/etc here:
    --> https://forums.uberent.com/threads/global-chat-or-not.54235/ <--
    Last edited: November 27, 2013
    Stormie likes this.
  16. Devak

Devak Post Master General

make sure that the only thing they can do with outdated drivers is click the "yes i was a bad boy, now i'll install mah drivers" button.