Galactic War: Build 70289

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 10, 2014.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Anyone else seeing freezes and what looks like server crashes? (AU)

And please log the game id...
    Last edited: August 10, 2014
  2. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Given how everyone freaks out again, I feel the need to state that I like the changes to the Dox a lot.
    Maybe they are a bit too strong now, but I like the general role they have now :)

Also, I will have to do some further testing on these UI crashes.
    I have a feeling that they might only occur if the game is run without Steam (= without the Steam runtime).
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I just loged in with the new patch. The filter was STILL set to not modded by default.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can anyone decrypt what this mean? :(

Does it mean AI won't nuke planet where it's have full control?
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I read it to mean it'll build nukes on a planet it fully controls so it can nuke the ones that it doesn't.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Thanks. That can be valid too... :)
  7. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Eh today i box selected 400 dox and then send it to a part of a moon. Then they all bunched up in a very very small group (i think smaller then 3x3 energy) and there where 2 lines of a few going outward to 2 opposite directions. That was their final formation and it looked kinda weird.
  8. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I'm starting to believe realy big epic multi battles could become 100% smooth. I played a big game today without any lag. No lag saves you so much time :)
  9. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Ever since they added multithreading this game has run gorgeous on my machine. Sim lag, if it shows up, isn't until quite late game, which doesn't happen often, most games I play are settled in less than 30 mins
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Lol. You should come watch one of the FFA10s we organize in the realm. They last upwards of an hour XD
  11. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I can imagine the fact that advancing armies had huge amounts of trouble pathing around wrecks might be the main reason. A lot of the time, wrecks got in the way and were extremely annoying to deal with, they might get added back in later once they cause less pathing clunkyness?
  12. nixtempestas

I suspect wreckage will be back (at least ground wrecks), it just needs a lot more polish first.
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Exactly this. I'm almost certain they'll be sending us sinking naval wrecks soon.
    kayonsmit101 and Remy561 like this.
  14. pieman2906

Been having a few crashes in GW, seems like it likes to crash when i launch halleys, also, i noticed a bug where after sending an astraeus off to travel between planets, the icon for the unit it was carrying is left floating in space. Seems to dissapear again once the unit appears at the destination planet though.
  15. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

On my side, server lag is becoming more and more unbearable. But actual in-game FPS is lightning fast.

During my latest match, I smashed a five-Halley metal moon into the enemy commander and wiped him off the face of his planet. But no sounds came from the planet thrusters.

Also, the planet smash smoke is a bit...misaligned. Screenshot below:

Metal moon smash.jpg

Please fix the server lag. It is getting unbearable for me as my internet connection is a weak link on my super rig.
  16. pieman2906

After further testing, it does indeed appear that the game crashes back to the galactic war map every time I try to launch halleys, the game runs mostly smooth up to that point, though from time to time i still get server freezes.

(playing on AU server)
  17. nixtempestas

That "server lag" is probably just your internet connection then, there is only so much compression and optimization of data that can be done on this game.

What are your download and upload rates? Is the sim speed (ctrl+p to see, 4 page I think it is) dying or is it just getting choppy? What state is the game in when it starts getting funky?

Because I'm running 8 Mbps down, 0.4 up and barely see any lag of any kind until late game when the sim starts to slow.
  18. n00n

n00n Active Member

Anyone else noticing much longer login, join lobby and rejoin match times with this release?
  19. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I like the team considerations with the Halleys no longer cancelling allies. Could we perhaps see more team considerations in future updates like seeing pings from non-shared or dynamic alliances? And perhaps allow mixed teleporter linking between allies that are non shared? There's not a lot of actual opportunity for teamwork without army sharing currently.
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I found a funny glitch while running a replay.

Space commander glitch.jpg

The enemy commander is floating in space...

He later arrived on my lava moon and colonized it. After annihilating his home planet with a metal moon, my commander sent an army to the lava moon and took him out.
    Quitch likes this.