Fractal Jaguar's videos (POV & casts, 1v1s, 2v2s, FFAs) - latest vid: POV vs Relentless AI on Forge

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zihuatanejo, October 20, 2014.

1. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

New video: Two 1v1 games vs @Sorian's Absurd AI on Meso

I hope you enjoy it! Two games vs the AI, first one 1.0 eco modifier, second game 2.0. Months ago, I played 1.5-1.8x or so in order to make it more challenging. I'll bump it up to 2.0 next time and we'll see what happens. Back when I first played PA and was learning the game, the AI stomped me hard! :D

In the near future, I will record some more 1v1 games vs @Quitch's Queller AI, which I believe is tailored to the 1v1 meta (whereas the vanilla AI by Sorian is an all rounder, I believe. In my experience it is very good in systems with multiple planets).

Let me know what you think please. I critique the AI on mic during the video which I hope is taken as constructive criticism and not complaining. The AI is great and a very necessary part of the game, and my only wish is for it to be allocated more development time and get some improvements to make it even smarter. That'd be great. Also it would be great if it was opened up for modding more; I have no idea how Quitch has done what he's done but a mod API would be great, that's for sure.

Loving this game right now, best Kickstarter pledge EVER! :p
    andreasgg likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I did some very limited documentation of the AI on PAWiki. I'd do more with it if there was a more active AI mod scene.

I'm currently working on ensuring Queller plays a better multiplanet FFA game than Sorian's AI, while not breaking its 1v1 game in doing so. It's proving tricky.
    Last edited: June 19, 2015
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  3. zihuatanejo

I bet it is!
  4. zihuatanejo

A wild Jaguar appears!

Hello everyone. Today I felt the urge to play Planetary Annihilation again, for the first time since the TITANS update dropped with an an almighty wallop. It looked awesome, but I was somewhat burnt out on PA and videogames in general, and didn't play it. However I started recording Minecraft gameplay again recently, and felt like something different today.

So, just a short 1v1 game against a Relentless AI player (didn't fancy Absurd again after such a long time!), on Forge, 'cos i like it and know it! I mostly ramble about the backlash that Uber received when it gave its Kickstarter backers the TITANS update for free, and how I felt that was unfair. Interspersed with occasional comments about the game as it unfolds!

Hope you enjoy the video, please comment if you feel so inclined, I am open to constructive criticism, and no, I still haven't learned video editing :p