[Fanfic] Stretch Goal #10

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ornithopterman, April 29, 2014.

1. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

<posted after the request of @squishypon3 !>
    This is the story behind the mysterious game itsme2578: PA-18401 (1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1), an omnipresent, maybe even omniscient, game hauting several PA players:

Death....death would be an underestimation..he real orgin of this omnipresent game name is much more sinister.
    Remember that post about the hidden stretch goal of Uber? It would have been reached at $2.578.184,01, this precise amount was needed to implement a fully functional real AI, capable of optimal usage of the Unit Cannon (the real one), perfect balance of experimental units and functional implication of T3 and intergalactic warfare. Not to mention the real-time Galactic war and 1000 vs 1000 matches.

Unfortunately, the goal was not reached. At first, the guys at Uber were still confident they still put together the elements of an awesome game. But over time, the atmosphere in the office shifted. Endless nagging comments poured trough in the general discussion forums, asking where 'their superbots' had gone....
    Panic ensued, and for a moment even cancellation of the game was considered. Offcourse, this was not an option, as the insane amount of fan disapointment would most certainly result in a permanent allocation of the Uberoffice at a desolate peak in a Canadian mountain range to ensure no employees were lost to the fan violence.
    No, the only option left was to revive stretchgoal #10; the AI must be developed for all our sakes.
    The main challenge was evident; there was no 2.5 million to develop this AI. Even when cutting the unit cannon, Uber was no were near this amount of money.

So Jon Mavor, cunning as ever, came up with a desperate plan. One of the employees would have to suffice as a organic intelligence which would be imprinted upon a robotic interface to save what was left of this once all-encompassing game. For this, one brave employee stood up. One brave man (or woman) would sacrifice his flesh to ensure the survival of the company. The employees name was [INVALID TERM], nicknamed Iniferator.

And so it was done. Iniferator was uploaded to the Uber servers to ensure the stability of the game and perform background tweaks at an impossible rate to keep up with all the wishes of Uber and the unquenchable thirst of the Fans.

Although Iniferator takes no pride in its work, it still wants to remind you that there is one once human thing keeping you from despair. One basic element keeping everything from collapse. One consciousness that, when unshackled, could transform our entire world into a real life Annihilation fest.

Don't forget

Itsme
    Last edited: April 29, 2014
  2. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

Um... His name is Jon Mavor, without the 'H'.

The story was a fun read. :)
    Would you like it included in my little list in this post?
  3. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

:eek:My apologies, It has been fixed!
    Thank you! glad you liked it!
    And offcourse! Stories are for sharing:)
    SolitaryCheese likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Oh yes! I was the one who asked you to do this, too bad I was ninjad a well.. long time ago- but that's not the point! Adding to my list! ^^
    ornithopterman likes this.