Faction #2 - Faction Leader Naming Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

?

What Should Faction #2's Leader Name Be?

1. First Follower Malach

252 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. High Priest Ezek

189 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Nemicus the Incorruptible

220 vote(s)
    22.3%
  4. Inquisitor Zor

326 vote(s)
    33.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Hey, guys! We'd like you to help us name our second faction. If you haven't seen the news yet check out this post:

Yep! You get to help us name this guy. Above, we've got a poll with four possible names. Feel free to throw out your comments, questions, and ideas as you vote. Like last time, this is all about you guys, the community, leaving a footprint in the game. Thanks for all the support!

The faction naming thread is here. The symbol thread is here. Polling closes on October 18, 2013.
    Last edited: October 15, 2013
  2. arbitraryranger

arbitraryranger Member

some very interesting names - I like where this is going
  3. comham

comham Active Member

First Follower Malach is the clear leader for me, it's simple and strong and fairly neutral, like I'd imagine a space robot religion to me, and it matches one of the proposed faction names.

High Priest Ezek is alright but kind of implies the sort of hierarchy that seems unnecessary in a robot religion. Nemiscus the Incorruptible is alright, but there's not really any competing religions to offer corruption to resist against, is there? Simple lack of faith doesn't seem like corruption to me. Inquisitor Zor is just a bit silly, a bit too much "cartoon villain", and kind of eliminates the feeling that the player could choose it and reasonably agree with their philosophy and believe them to be the good guy, as with the Core and the Arm. Neither was particularly right, they were just different and on opposing sides.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Nemicus the Incorruptable takes my vote.

The other three are too cliche.
    ijin, neophyr3 and ChillAAA like this.
  5. ChillAAA

ChillAAA Member

Agreed
    neophyr3 likes this.
  6. balestorm

balestorm New Member

I dunno why but to me Inquisitor Zor just has a fun ring to it to say. It also kind of fits that a religion of robots under persecution would choose an extremist like that to lead. I mean PA is all about utterly wiping your enemy out by any means nescissary, I'd trust an Inquisitor to do that over a Priest or follower.

Nemicus the incorruptible would be a close second in my opinion, sounding sort of like a mix between a Zealous warmonger (like Zor) and a more diplomatic leader like Ezek. That would be assuming the faction has more of an emphasis on something more long term than the glories of war or the security of being the last faction left.

Will be cool to see the motivations for each faction, get the feeling this one will be about preserving the glories of the past like the metal planets and such or to make more followers. I can't help but imagine them making a pulpit and giving sermons to the Dox bots before battle xD
  7. friendly0fire

friendly0fire New Member

"They had been called Progenitors. The name alone triggered other memories inside of him, memories of a great machine god who had created him and others like him to serve as its messengers."

Malach (messenger, angel) fits this particular sentence very well. I like it.

I also like Ezek as a direct reference to Ezekiel, but he was a prophet. Not militaristic enough. The last two don't really fit with the context of the lore as we know it (ie. no rival religion).
    vermilliontrim likes this.
  8. BulletMagnet

From what we've read, it doesn't look like Zor has been doing a lot of inquisiting, just looking at a lot of dead Progenitors.
  9. neophyr3

neophyr3 New Member

Exactly what I was going to post. Nemicus actually makes more logical sense too, considering their goal to to "cleanse" those who opposed their god. In fact, not only do the others sound like horrible names in my eyes, this one is actually great (unlike the faction names, which I don't like any of).
  10. janico

janico New Member

I really like the name 'Malach' but I think 'Inquisitor Malach' or 'Malach the Incorruptible' would sound better.
  11. vulcantourist

vulcantourist New Member

Pious I (of the Foundation or Foundation Acolytes)... or perhaps pay even more homage to Asimov and name the leader Seldon I.
  12. shockedsystem

shockedsystem New Member

Malach, easily. Zor sounds too comical, evoking both the Zerg and Zod, well tread ground as far as sci-fi bad guys sounds. Not that bad guys with biblical baggage is all that original either, but Malach's got a good sound to it to it. Plus you got two barrels of allusion. Malachi, the prophet, or Moloch, the old Canaanite god.
    mnone likes this.
  13. banditks

banditks New Member

Nemicus the Incorruptible has my vote
    neophyr3 likes this.
  14. TealThanatos

TealThanatos New Member

15. BulletMagnet

16. angelcatano

angelcatano New Member

Inquisitor reminds me a bit of Warhammer, so that's a no (not that I don't like WH, just want to separate it in my head :p)

Malach sound the best to me.
    archcommander likes this.
  17. sturmadler

sturmadler New Member

I prefer Nemicus, but voted for Malach, as I considered it a vote against Zor. Best not to split the vote...
  18. BulletMagnet

I've been thinking about this. I'm only voting based on the Incorruptable part of the name.

"Suzi the Incorruptable" would still have my vote.
  19. Azirahael

Azirahael Member

Nemicus the Incorruptable speaks to me of the incorruptable nature of machines.
    And the others are a little TOO religious sounding.

It has preistly overtones without being too heavy-handed.
    neophyr3 and BulletMagnet like this.
  20. kevnog

kevnog New Member

Nemicus the Incorruptible has robotic/ai implications, unlike the other options.

As in, the enemy's data has simply been corrupted, and must be purged. This I like.
    neophyr3, chronoblip and BulletMagnet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.