Exploit Reports - Spunky Cola Special Edition!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by forrestthewoods, December 1, 2010.

1. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Anyone have any exploits or bugs to report?

No?

Ok lets flame!
  2. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I could say you're doing the same thing, but seeing as how I have never seen you do anything that would make me facepalm, I'll just go with: QUICK, TRANSFORM INTO A GIANT FIGHTING ROBOT!
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Back to the cloak glitch, I'm going to say it's something that can be forced. It doesn't seem to be random at all. The reason I say this is because it is becoming more and more common. I used to see it once a week, MAYBE. Now it's 2 and 3 times a night. It's something the devs should look into.
  4. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I can't say it is. If it was, I'm sure someone, somewhere would have said it for sure with knowledge. I've had others say it's happening, with the accused going "What?". I see people claiming it is. But, without a sure answer, I can't say it is. Otherwise, I'd say grappling in mid air is an exploit.
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

That is a good point. It's definitely something I overlooked. I do stand by my statement that it is getting to be more common. Has anyone else noticed this?
  6. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

It's been brought to my attention, but I've only seen it like, three, four times max.

EDIT: I have noticed lately, that I can upgrade a turrent while hacking it. Useful, but allowed? Don't know.
  7. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I've been laughing so hard the other day.

I was in this Spunky game and it was lagging all over the place. The jackbots spawn, but instead of going at the moneyball, he just strolled further in the direction of our bot spawner. When he was at the bridge, another burst of lag occured and the jackbot walked right through the bridge, turned right and entered our spawn through the right side, cracking open our moneyball.
    It was so funny, I should've ran to get a camera and take a picture.
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I've noticed this with broken turret nubs. When I'm at the other base and there's a Firebase on the upper ring right above me, I'll throw an Airstrike under it. But if that Airstrike gets stuck to the flaming turret nub, it won't show up at all; you just hear the sound of it getting stuck.

More of a glitch than an exploit either way.
  9. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Not sure if this bug has been reported, but:
    An airstrike can stick to a recently killed team mate or enemy.

Let's say it's 2 of my team you against 1 enemy.

Enemy kills my partner. I try to throw an airstrike from just behind my recently killed team mate... airstrike sticks to his dead body. I'm pretty sure it also sticks to dead enemy bodies.

Very annoying with the LOOOONNNGGGG wait time between them. That dead body just botched my escape plan :?
  10. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

This is true with head crabs as well. I once threw a bomb as a gunner died, and I head crabbed him... after he died.

And as far as dead bodies go, the Assassin's lunge will stop if she runs into a dead body. Kind of annoying when I'm trying to escape after killing someone, and I end up lunging nowhere because the dead body is still in front of me.
  11. mute

mute New Member

They'll also stick to unused turret nubs and your own firebase. Usually when they stick to a nub, the airstrike doesn't even happen. You get the indicator, but no explosion.
  12. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Just found out I can instantly pick up my firebase and be able to re-deploy it straight after. I'm not going to post how but if you haven't heard of it before i'll send you a private message.
  13. F5in

F5in New Member

This is fairly old, although I haven't seen it posted much.
  14. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I thought that was completely random...
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

You can get it to work about 70-80% of the time with the way I use.
  16. mute

mute New Member

Despite Randomdude's earlier protest, the assassin inviso-spam with the shuriken is a known exploit and people are doing it alot now. It's not random, there are people out there that actively know how to reproduce it to the point that multiple assassins in single games are doing it constantly through out matches.
  17. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

If so, I stand corrected. While I wont call complete BS, I do, understandably, still have my doubts.
  18. killien

killien Active Member

One thing I saw on Spunky was Supports setting their firebases on the angled edge of the Ejector platforms. What was screwy about that was airstrikes had to be dead on in order to damage the firebase. If the strike landed on the flat part of the platform, it did no damage to the firebase
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Same thing happens to the jump pad right across from the Ejector button. If you notice it's a U shape and if the firebase is on the U and not the actual catwalk you'll have to be dead on to destroy it.
  20. truckus

truckus New Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I tried to do searches but they came up with nothing when I searched for thread titles.

In Spunky I caught a tank last night destroying a rocket turret rather sneakily. If you're standing in the base looking straight out, it's the rocket turret on the left side that you start the game out with. Wasn't a huge deal since it basically gave me free headcrabs, but it's an exploit nonetheless.

I'm not sure if I can go into further detail here or if it should be PM'd.