enroq

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by enroq, March 17, 2018.

1. enroq

enroq New Member

Seems like a good place to put it, considering I can't post links in the chat..

So today I posted links to:

[notlink]ht[n]tps://stackoverflow.[n]com/questions/4529639/how-to-put-a-break-line-in-string
    [notlink]ht[n]tps://stackoverflow.[n]com/questions/6261201/how-to-find-memory-leak-in-a-c-code-project

Because if you play PA, you'll notice your memory usage goes from 2.500kb to.. 2.5gb and even people I who have no experience programming tell me they restart their game to clear the memory leaks..

What happened when I put this in the chat?

htt[n]ps://postimg.[n]org/image/wl5ndwq1n/

The banned me from chat and told me to take it to the forum where I can't post images or links.

So, real professional guys.

Like, I can't play a game that's multiplanet for more than twenty minutes without massive loss of FPS. It crashes constantly... when I hover over a friends on my friends list it has <br/> in it like.. you didn't get paid two million dollars for this game on kickstarter? Let alone sales post facto? Is the line break, or the fact I can hit enter on a message with no text not worth 2 million dollars of work?

I used to love PA, it was a good game.. it's kind of still a good game.. but when people come to you with real problems like memory leaks and simple fixes like removing html from your text and you ban them from chat it speaks a great deal to your integrity and makes pretty clear why you there's like.. 300 people who play it on a good day.

Move it to the forum.. consider it moved. Now learn C++ before you sell someone something you don't know how to make for two million dollars. For christ's sake, it's not like anyone is asking you to support 1000's of people and your server's infrastructure is being pressed beyond its limits. It's 300 people, and you're banning people from a chat from posting links to what a memory leak is telling them to code it for you.

Pay me two million dollars and I will code it for you.
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Community Chat has a zero tolerance policy for complainers and rants about PA or Uber Entertainment.

Your copy / paste links from stackoverflow I'm not even going to bother replying to.

As mentioned in the original in-game conversation where this started you're other comments reflect your level of incompetence :)

If you have some data showing a serious memory leak then I'll take a look at it.
  3. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

You may think the memory is a lot for this type of game but it's not, the game works with simulated 3d planets, this take more memory than your standard RTS.

2.5GB looks perfectly normal for this game i'd say on the low side even, you should really check the minimum specification for the game.
    upload_2018-3-17_8-0-30.png

Also you clearly have no clue about the costs in a making a game of this complexity and scale.

Your be better to look here.
    https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Reporting_Issues
    then follow it's advise for reporting problems.
    Quitch likes this.
  4. river39

river39 Active Member

Keep in mind that the community chat is a mod and the friends list is also heavily modded by default before you attack uber.
    Nicb1 and lulamae like this.
  5. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Gents, let's cool this down a bit please.
    stuart98 likes this.