Droppin' Insane Combat Knowledge - Featuring Teapot Yo

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by JackTrips, March 4, 2011.

1. joker

joker Active Member

id play pickups more often if it felt like old times. the past few ive done its just very penisy and trollish, or deep prestiged players getting salty about getting stuck on one of four classes they cant play..
  2. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Can play most of the time over the next month or two (summer break). Moving house soon though so I might not have internet during the weekdays for a while. Can still play Friday / Saturday nights though :)
  3. hawkshade1

hawkshade1 New Member

There is some pretty good competition and i don't see much whining. It's been pretty fun now. Just accept invites from the pm list people, id like to see if you can still hang ;)
  4. hawkshade1

hawkshade1 New Member

Alright so then Friday and Saturday nights are what we should work with since you're across the globe. Teapot, goldie, yoshi, and frank are you guys available on Saturday or Friday nights?
  5. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Not too sure which team I'm on either. I think I'm on Franks team, but I have no idea so I guess I'll just go back to DK if they can't decide quickly enough.
  6. hawkshade1

hawkshade1 New Member

Isn't frank with us? I'll speak to him when i get on after work around 7est.
  7. woyldman

woyldman New Member

He wanted me to join his team with Zatchmo and some other people that I have forgotten off the top of my had. Team looked pretty solid but he said he was going to ask everyone else first if they wanted me to join. Been a few days so I have no idea what has happened.
  8. De Troll

De Troll New Member

As far as I know the team was Wildman, Frank, Gunked, Chollo, Zatchmo, and they needed a 6th.
  9. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Haven't been on XBL really over the weekend, so I apologie for not being able to respond.

I sent wildman a PM on friday regarding what time he can get on and his schedule etc. He messaged me back letting me know about how he's moving and it could be a week or two weeks before he gets internet up in his new place.

However, Frank and Wildman sent me messages on XBL. Wildman said frank wanted to make a team, and he knew I wanted to make a team, so why not combine to make...

"Assassin-Yoshi , Goldie
    Assault-Teapot
    Gunner-Woyld
    Sniper-Zatchmo
    Support-Goldie, Yoshi
    Tank-Frank"

^ that was wildman's line up

Frank messaged me a bit later saying.. " For my team I was gonna try and get me choiio gunked woyldman zatchmo and either hawkshade yosh or lead. I already got gunked" - Frank

followed by "And zatchmo to agree to be on my team. There's not enough people for 3 balanced teams. I see woyldman wants to combine teams but I'm not sure if his version would be the best" - Frank

"i was thinking that if our twam could be me you zatch gunked choiio and woyldman that we would have a very well rounded team team that can switch with ease on different classes if need be. would you be opposed to being on that team?" - Frank

So I guess that's where we're at. This is my first time responding to any of it and quite frankly I'm not sure what I will end up doing.

Here's my thoughts.. I'd like to team with hawkshade because he's been very excited about this and asked me more than anyone else on the team what we were doing or when we were playing etc..

I don't think I want to team with Chollo. He's proven time and time again that no matter the circumstance, he can't focus and prioritize on the win. He wants to have fun and thats fine, but I'm looking to win. I honestly wouldn't even give him a chance.

Gunked though is in a very similar boat. He's another who has shown me that he's there to have his fun and that's about it. He's a good player and very smart, and I've wanted him on my team in the past, but I just need proof that he can communicate in the way that this game demands.

I'm sure they'll read it, and laugh and either say I don't know what I'm talking about, or they wouldn't team with me either, but after playing H&S vs WTS, I realized that no other team would come close to beating either of those team unless they communicate and execute like both teams can. I reference Halo a **** ton as John likes to point out, but players with individual skill and talent were dropped for those who better fit roles and had better communication/chemistry. You can ask Chron, after series 2 we were talking about how this games teamwork had to be similar to Halo 3's linear team pushes.

Zatchmo I absolutely want to team with. Before he quit playing I thought he was the best sniper, and I've heard he's still pretty good so that's all I need to go off of lol.

So despite all this I'm still not that much closer to an answer. Frank, you're a funny guy and I know you like to have your fun in game and in chat. However you've proven that when the time comes you can drop everything and focus on the win. If you chollo gunked and zatchmo team together, that's a very solid line up. If you want to combine into some sort of "clan" for lack of a better term, we can maybe have a very flexible 8 man team that can hopefully have multiple scrims.

Whatever team I'm on has to consist of players who are willing to drop all ego's at the door along with any in game complaints they might have. They have to be open to any in game changes / constructive criticism given by any other member of the team if they happen to notice something. Drop all small talk and the only communication should be call outs and pushes.

Let me talk to frank and see if he wants to go off in a specific direction. Wildman, read what I wrote and see what you think. You can probably get a feel of the type of direction I'm looking to go with.

I think having a "clan" of players who are all very flexible will result in more scrims.
  10. teapot

If that's the way they go than thats the way they go. I won't stop anyone from teaming.

I consider myself an honorary member of H&S. I still planned on having my own team, but I figured I was just a sub for them for the skill scrims. Say if manuso came back then I'm sure shammas would be back on tank.

Hawkshades' my boy and I know he wants to scrim. Yoshi's also my boy and I know he wants to scrim just as bad. I'm fine sticking with them even if the rest of the talent wants to try something out. It's just tough because there isn't much players out there in the talent pool who can be considered assets. No offense to those players, but they limit themselves when they don't pursue the areas they need to get better.

Not too sure what's gonna happen yet. I figured H&S is done because they won't play on skill's host and skill won't play on our host until the series is over. I was on for 2 hours that night trying to make progress with no results. So if H&S does choose to play more, maybe i'll stick it out with them and frank can pick up hawkshade's tank or something. Then there are 3 good teams floating around?
  11. De Troll

De Troll New Member

12. teapot

I always forget which one it is. Either he just posted so the sooner you can let me know If I got the boot the better.
  13. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Assassin - Yoshi
    Assasult - Teapot
    Gunner - Wildman
    Sniper - Zatchmo
    Support - Frank
    Tank - Hawkshade

Something like that? We can easily switch around classes if need be.
  14. teapot

I think that's as good as it's gonna get when it comes to teamwork, chemistry and communication.

I don't wanna take anything away from gunked because he really is one of the more individually skilled players in this game.

Frank and Zatchmo would have to be on board with that line up.
  15. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Assassin - Yoshi
    Assasult - Gunked
    Gunner - Wildman
    Sniper - Zatchmo
    Support - Frank
    Tank - Hawkshade

There we go.
  16. teapot

??

Hey, you guys can go off in any direction you want.
  17. woyldman

woyldman New Member

I was joking but whatever.
  18. teapot

thats fine I'm more than willing to team with you guys but if you ever ended up wanting to switch something around I wouldn't mind.

games to dead to care about getting kicked off a team lol.
  19. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Gunked can always go to H&S. They only have 5 people right? Just lots of people subbing in for them.
  20. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I have no interest in the game, there's really nothing else to get out of it.