Doing Videos Right - A Guide for YouTubery

Discussion in 'Super MNC Gameplay Videos' started by sunnydove, January 30, 2012.

1. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

what are the pros and cons of recording with no compression other than a large file size?
  2. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

Video quality may get lost with a lossy codec, but other than those two things, nothing.
  3. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Pros:
    little to no CPU overhead (better frame rate in game)
    perfect screenshot quality on every frame( still true in loss-less compression)

Cons:
    Massive filesize
    Requires a hardrives that can keep up with the data throughput

To record 1080p uncompressed will require raid0 drives or ssd drives. Most drives wont handle the throughput required alone.

With the dxtory compression most games in SMNC are 150gb a game to record, you can use x264 and compress on the fly but it takes a little more cpu.
  4. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I use lagarith lossless codec 1280x720 at 30.00 FPS. My games are around 25-40 GB.
  5. jbeetle

say I have two 1 TB hard drives and one of them as the OS and Super MNC installed on it. Would it be better to use dxtory and record to two drives, or playclaw and record to the one without them installed?
  6. rorusraz

rorusraz New Member

You probably shouldn't ever record to the same drive that your OS is installed to.
  7. jbeetle

well since dxtory can split between multiple drives, I just wondered if what I mentioned might be better.
  8. tuexnovia

tuexnovia New Member

I've been fighting with the moders to login to this forum coz it had a little problem but now is working again xDDDD by the way Thanks to them for their quick response and all the time.

Well now I want to tell you man REALLY NICE GUIDE AWESOME I learned a lot with it let me tell you few things ok.

Well Best codec for my x264 I have the best settings and is just unbelievable (BUT) in premiere it doesn't work I mean you can't edit anything. Why? You have to pay 300 Dollars, check it out.
    http://www.x264pro.com/ How come?

Well it's ok then...

Which is the second best codec Lagarith Lossless? too large files but I'll give it a chance next week because x264 I can't use it so SAD...

Well anyway you are saying that, that codec is the best "I MEAN" I'll tried again and I'll tell you what I think.

And now let me ask you something very important for me...

I saw many videos in youtube at 720 even MINE, and some of them they got really good quality and other very poor...

As you said is because you have to give to youtube the correct information
    -Knowledge of how to export it with premiere...-

Well I'd like to know a little bit more about it, because I export my video with a very good quality and at the end when I upload the video is just like, mhhh yotube what did you do?

I hope you understand what I mean, congratulations for your amazing guide and thanks.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  9. chickenchickenlegs

chickenchickenlegs New Member

Re: Doing Videos Right - A Guide for YouTubery Meh

:ugeek:
  10. opil78

opil78 Member

Dont leave SunnyD
  11. lquwiesr

lquwiesr Member

I dunno if someone already told that FRAPS doesn't split anymore the video in 4 GB pieces. However, you can choose the option of doing it if you want.
  12. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

I think it autodetects your OS type when installed.