CULT Profiteering From Plagiarising, Lying, Harassment and Vote Brigading

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mikeyh, January 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flubbateios

flubbateios Active Member

2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

stuart98 and elodea like this.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

That's mikey's site. He can write anything he wants on it. But if other people attest to it, maybe it's true. I don't really care either way. Even if he didn't plagiarize our balance, he still brazenly copied our crowdfunded server model a few hours after our thread here went up, without a single word of acknowledgement on having been inspired by us.

I am sure he will now produce a page proving that he had thought of starting a crowdfunded server for PA shortly after he was born.
  5. icycalm

He DEMANDED every single change to the mod on github. Otherwise our mod "will never be published". I.e. he would abuse his authority again to ban our mod from CMM (which he has already done several times).

I am not sure if this is called extortion or blackmail. I will look it up.
  6. icycalm

Why is his account even hidden in the userlist? Has anyone ever seen him online in the forum?

Why are you hiding, mikey?
  7. icycalm

mikey profiteering: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Planetary_Annihilation_Custom_/_Dedicated_/_LAN_/_Local_Servers

Dedicated Server Rental Service
    Dedicated servers are available to rent for events.

Cost
    Dedicated servers cost US$0.75 per hour with a setup fee of $US$1.00 for each provision. ie the minimum cost is US$1.75 per provision.

A minimum donation of US$10.00 is required to book a dedicated server and will depend on availability.

He calls it "donation required" lol.

And then he has the nerve to accuse us of accepting donations from the clans for the server whose crowdfunded model he copied for his dedicated server.
  8. icycalm

But I repeat that I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE. Let mikey copy anything he wants that we make, and let him profit from whatever. WE DON'T CARE.

If my server was in the lobby right now, I would be working on my mod and my events and not on this idiotic BS.
  9. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I donate to mikeyh's sever without using it so that it is available to the PA community because I do care. It's my way of showing my appreciation for all of his efforts on behalf of PA and in appreciation of the generosity and cooperative nature of all the community members I've interacted with over the years.
    MrTBSC, Heizmeister, NikolaMX and 2 others like this.
  10. icycalm

If CULT had not put together 160 euros to rent our dedicated server first, and then if we hand't posted a thread to crowdfund our server for subsequent months, then mikey would never have copied our model, and you would not have a server to donate to.

But y'all refuse to acknowledge our massive contributions to the scene because you are hateful autistic losers with no life who envy the superior way in which we accomplish everything we attempt.
  11. icycalm

Indeed, the real reason our server is down is because it's competing with mikey's.

His server is in danger of going down every month, because his contributors are continually dropping off due to loss of interest. The CULT server is in no danger of going down... except of course due to mikey.

Same with Insomnia Legion. All the roadbloacks mikey has put on its way is because he knows it is superior to base Legion, and if allowed to be played will eventually outgrow it in influence.

Same with Insomnia events not being advertised in the in-game menu. mikey just doesn't want people to know about them because of how superior they are to Exodus events, of which he is part: https://exodusesports.com/about/#29-7

The six months of abuse of power by mikey we have endured have nothing to do with github, or whether our license was incorrect and needed fixing. They had to do with mikey's powertripping over the PA scene, which has grown to pathologic levels that require urgent medical intervention.
  12. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Hopefully I've captured all the recent icycalm delusions of grandeur posts.

icycalm now thinks he invented crowd funding.

PayPal was first setup in June 2015 and the donate button was added in 2016.

The very first donation was lulamae on 11th April 2016 for US40.00:
    Balance changes were proposed in January 2017 and discussed with many players before submitting to Uber in March 2017.

Dedicated server rentals is a non profit service setup for @sardaukar666 and @Clopse that was only used a couple of times and all donations are fully listed.

Insomia also donated twice to use that service.

That's very different from a for profit clan hiding behind a pay walled forum running a pay to play tournament promoted using a plagurised mod.

The CC-BY 4.0 license requires that you document all changes and modifications to the original work.

GitHub makes it very easy to comply with your licensing obligations when you fork the existing repository and commit all your changes.
  13. icycalm

You made your crowdfunded server thread HOURS after we made ours! It was even an indirect sabotaging of our server, since Clopse had agreed to donate to our server before you started your thread! And you have no shame not acknowledging being inspired by our initiative! And then you have the nerve to claim the high moral ground when you have been sabotaging us for six months for personal gain!

If this is true, then we will remove the CC-BY license. We only added it because you forced us to under threat of banning our server.

We will only leave the MIT license, just like the version of Legion that we are basing our mod on.
  14. icycalm

15. icycalm

And not only you COPY the model, but then you ACCUSE the people you copied of "profiteering", all the while you yourself had been REALLY profiteering from outright RENTING servers!!!

And THIS is the man Uber has entrusted their game to!

This lying, conniving, sniveling, aspie man-child!!!
  16. icycalm

The only reason I am talking to him in this thread is because he wields the power Uber has entrusting him with like a club over our heads, and I have no choice.

If he did not have this power I would not even waste the saliva to spit on him.
  17. icycalm

mikey also plagiarized the Insomnia Anti-spectate mod.

This mod kicks players off the server 1 minute after the end of the game.

A few weeks later mikey added a script to his server that kicks players 10 minutes after the end of the game. Later, he modified it to 6 minutes.

He never credited us with the idea he copied from us. And I am sure even now he will refuse our credit.
  18. icycalm

Notice that at no point do we refuse the Legion team's credit. The entire issue is technical and has to do with our rank inexperience in these matters.

mikey refuses even to SAY that we deserve credit for any of our numerous and manifold contributions to the PA scene.

That's how you can see that he is a man-child.
  19. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

you guys are so sketchy smh
  20. icycalm

And you are just a teenager aspie nerd like all the others upvoting any post we don't make.

People were surprised that Diskraip supports us, but that's because Diskraip is a man, like I am, like my friends are, and we only care about having fun with the game, and not about our status in some pathetic little online clique of aspie loser morons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.