CULT Profiteering From Plagiarising, Lying, Harassment and Vote Brigading

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mikeyh, January 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Latest troll review on steam is from the CULT who were banned for profiteering from plagiarism by charging people to play on their server with their plagiarised mod.

The CULT repackaged the Legion Expansion mod with very minor JSON edits, changed to their names, added their own copyright (Alex Kierkegaard) and have been promoting their clone without including the original licenses or crediting the original Legion Expansion team.

The CULT are a for profit clan that charges subscriptions to access their forums, join their clan and started pay to play in their tournaments using their plagiarised mod.

For more background on their clan just google the publicly available information about their cult leader icycalm (Alex Kierkegaard from their copyright notice).

Profiteering while plagiarising from community open source projects is criminal.

EDIT: Transcript from an icycalm stream:

Same approach used on steam with multiple accounts under different names.

Attached Files:

2. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

3. mikeyh

Seek professional medical help for your ASPD (sociopathy) / psychopathy. There is a lot of overlap in your behaviour so I suspect a chaotic or violent childhood.
  4. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

We are a bunch of people who want to play large wars on our server with our 4-tier mod. That's all. The rest is conspiracy theories cooked up by you because you spend 24/7 online and have lost all conception of reality. So far we have been nice to you and Uber, because that's just the kind of people that we are. But enough is enough. You cannot just take away our game from us and expect no retaliation (or our server, whose crowdfunding model you copied for your server, btw, mere hours after we put our thread up). We are in the process of starting a huge campaign to let every gaming site and blog and forum on the internet know that Uber is exploiting a sick man to maintain their game with no pay. And it's even the truth! The social justice sites will have a field day with this, and after the cat is out of the bag there will be nothing we can do to stop the consequences.

It is absurd that you and Uber have managed to turn the game's number 1 fan into an enemy of your company, but I guess that's just how epically incompetent this company is at PR. There is still a LITTLE time to turn back from the abyss. LET US PLAY OUR DAMN GAME ON OUR DAMN SERVER, and there is no reason for any more nastiness. If someone from Uber can step in and guarantee to us that we can continue enjoying our game without having to deal with a deranged aspie programmer breathing down our necks 24/7, all this can go away, so please do it. Harassing your biggest fans is NOT a good way for a company to make its way in the world. If we have made a mistake in the mod, GIVE US THE FILES YOU WANT US TO REPLACE, and we will do it. But if you continue with your threats and your insults, I can guarantee you will lose access to the game very soon, and it will be all your fault.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm flattered that you guys are so interested in our work on the Legion mod. I just wish there was a way to let us share the mod without any issues... Oh wait, there is! Credit us.
  6. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

As far as I know (and I am not involved in the coding of the mod, Robo is), our mod is your mod + some code of our own. So if you have credited yourself in your mod, then the credit should still be in our mod.

Otherwise, where exactly do you want us to put your name? And what name exactly? How many names?

We have not the faintest idea how any of this works. mikey thinks we are programmers on his level, and treats us as such. No matter how many times we tell him we are clueless, he continues to talk to us as if we know what we are doing. And instead of helping us, he merely keeps increasing his absurd demands, about "githubs" and whatnot, as if we had nothing better to do all day.

So, I repeat, talk to us as if we were idiots. What EXACTLY do you want us to do to our version of your mod, so you will leave us alone?
  7. mikeyh

You have known what to do since August last year. It's covered in public posts and private conversations.

PA needs some promotion and all the history is archived. Any campaign will just benefit PA and reveal the truth about CULT.

All everyone will see is that you are a hostile "for profit" clan that tried to profiteer by plagurising Legion Expansion.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

Okay, then. I guess there is nothing more to talk about.
  9. mikeyh

robomoo knows what to do.

Since you are not involved in the mod you should really stay out of this conversation and avoid any further hostility.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

I called him to answer you.

In the meantime, let me say that we have contacted Customer Support multiple times, plus two-three times PMed jables and other staff members, since the summer, and we have not heard a peep back from them. They reply to anyone whose mouse doesn't work within an hour, but they did not reply to half a dozen people who couldn't use a server they were paying $170 per month specifically to play PA on.

Unless jables explains publicly his behavior, our campaign is going forth. We are done cutting deals with non-Uber staff about whether we can use our damn game. Either Uber cleans up their act in respect to us, or the campaign is going ahead full steam.

I hate myself for threatening the company I used to love. But after 6 months of enduring your threats and insults, and their insulting silence, merely so as to be able to play our game, threats are all we have left I am afraid.
  11. mikeyh

Not sure why you think lying about your server will benefit you in any way.

Your server is completely accessible and playable by connecting to it like you already do via the Connect Buttons mod as shown in your live streams.

The public community servers feeds is no longer advertising your site 24 x 7 in the public server browser while you continue to profiteer from plagiarising Legion Expansion.
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

jables we are done talking to this psycho. We want our accounts and our server to have the exact same functionality as every other player's within 24 hours, or we will contact every person who has ever been screwed over by Uber and make that review number 1 on Steam so quick you won't believe it. Then we will make threads about how you have been exploiting his illness for 2 years with no pay for profit in all the videogame forums on the internet. Yes, in ALL of them. Then we will tip ALL the journalists to what you have been doing to him. ALL of them.

I am going to sleep, good night everybody.
  13. mikeyh

Seek professional medical help for your ASPD (sociopathy) / psychopathy. There is a lot of overlap in your behaviour so I suspect a chaotic or violent childhood.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

Just credit the people below and stop making trouble. Apologise to mikeyh, get on with your version of the mod and enjoy yourselves. These people have all greatly contributed to the game, so credit them. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Thanks to them it has turned a great game into an even greater game.

Credits: Legion Faction

This project is not the work of one, but of a legion.

nicb1: Project Lead / Models

Crembels: Concept Artist

KillerKiwiJuice: Models / Textures / Code / Effects

mgmetal13: Textures

zx0: Textures

Alpha2546: Effects / Balance

PRoeleert: UI

wondible: Code

mikeyh: Code

Quitch: AI / Media

Stuart98: Code / Strategic Icons

dom314: Effects

CptConundrum: UI

Elodea: Balance Lead / Effects / Media

AndreasG: Balance Lead / Balance Senior

Clopse: Balance

Graushwein: Balance

N30N: Playtester

Qzipco: Playtester

WPMarshall: Playtester

xankar: Playtester
    Last edited: January 19, 2018
    grandhomie, stuart98 and elodea like this.
  15. robomoo

robomoo Member

He calls paying Uber customers 'dogs' in Uber's own forum, then locks the thread so no one can reply. And Uber lets him. CULT is making it its mission for this sick man to get the help he needs, and for the game's administration to return to sanity.
  16. mikeyh

Behaving like furious rabid dogs is a pretty apt description of your insults and open hostility to everyone.
  17. robomoo

robomoo Member

18. mikeyh

19. elodea

elodea Post Master General

This is what happens when you read Nietzche, take his predictions as proscriptions, and become the very Zarathustra he mocked - someone corrupted by an arrogant and solipsistic love of their own self importance.

Protip: look outside yourself and try to understand the truth in what other people are saying to you. Repeatedly bashing your head against a wall is only going to end with you in tears.
  20. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

The Steam review will be updated with Jeremy Ables' name later today, and all the threads we will make will also prominently feature it.

"Jeremy Ables has been exploiting a mentally ill man, with no pay, for profit for two years" will be the tagline of the threads.

We are also starting a Discord channel with the express purpose of exposing what Jeremy Ables has been doing.

When Uber shuts down, because they only make shovelware now that they have debased their brand name to garbage tier through horrendous customer "support", Ables will have become unemployable.

Because the only profiteering going on here is that cynically carried out by Ables.

Our demands are as follows:

1. An apology from Uber, and particularly from their CEO, Jeremy Ables
    2. mikeyh's removal from all aspects of the administration of the game
    3. Our accounts and server returned to full functionality, with the exact same featureset all other players have
    4. Our events advertised in the game's menu along with all the other events

If the above conditions are not met, we will wage our campaign against Uber and Jeremy Ables in perpetuity.
  21. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

You spent hours working on your mod, are you being exploited as well? So many people have been spending hours working on mods, videos, websites; they do it because they love PA, just like you do.

Leave Mikey alone, the last time you relentlessly attacked him like this you regretted it and apologized on the forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.