Creating wrapper for Coherent on Windows, need help.

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by SXX, August 19, 2014.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

At moment I'm trying to create wrapper for CoherentUI_Host.exe on Windows that going to give player more control over UI RAM usage. There is few command line switches ("--single-process" and "--renderer-process-limit=N") that make it possible to decrease RAM usage a lot. It's explained in details in this my topic:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ase-ui-crashes-and-ram-usage-2-6gb-1gb.62993/

On Linux it's enough to just grab contents of "--coherent-options" with valid UUID and it's can be started by any user, but on Windows situation it's different for some reason and even if host starting properly it's still PA still remain black screen (with working scripts and sound though). So it's looks like it's caused by fact that host process spawned by my wrapper isn't child of PA.exe process or there might be other Windows specific I don't understand.

So wrapper I made using Go isn't suitable because "exec.Command" don't work as excepted and there is no "syscall.exec" on Windows. If there any Windows programmer who would like to create such wrapper or give advice on it I'll really appreciate it. ;)
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

So I'm changed my Go wrapper a bit more and now it's wait before Coherent finishes so it's remain child of PA.exe process, but this still don't fix black screen issue... :(

3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Just find out that if I put my wrapper between Debugger.exe (UI debugger) and it's copy of Coherent_Host.exe it's does work. For some reason it's not work for PA. :(
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

OMG, finally find working workaround: using "Image File Execution Options"! :D
    Not that flexible of having custom launcher, but works! :)

Writing how-to at moment...
    Mereth likes this.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

thetrophysystem and Fr33Lancer like this.