1. Due to the new GDPR privacy policy. We want to inform you that by signing up for an Uber forum account you are agreeing to the following:

1) Uber Entertainment keeps track of your account information to provide you with a good forum experience, but this does include personally identifiable information.

2) We do not perform any analytics nor do we sell any of this information to third party sites.

3) We do make use of cookies to help improve your forum experience and more information about how we use them can be found under the Help link down below.

https://forums.uberent.com/help/cookies

Crash whenever commander deploys. Tutorial runs OK.

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by fuxoft, November 23, 2017.

1. fuxoft

fuxoft New Member

I have bought PA:Titans today and I play it on my Xubuntu Linux. I completed whole tutorial - the game ran without problems. But whenever I want to play "Galactic War", the game crashes at the moment the commander lands on planet. Here is the terminal output of the crash: pastebin.com/Et8gvr8G
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Please use the upload a file button to upload the full log here.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Also what OS / specs?
  4. fuxoft

fuxoft New Member

The file is attached. The OS is XUbuntu Linux. Specs are... more than enough, I'd say. Quad core, 16 GB of memory, game runs great (in the tutorials).

Attached Files:

5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Also that log you linked to seems to only contain the server part. Can you check the logs in ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/logs ?

And there is a bug that makes PA crash if you use the XOV commander. Did you try Galactic War with other commanders?
  6. fuxoft

fuxoft New Member

Ah, that was it! With another commander, the game does not crash. The commander selection is purely cosmetic?
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yes it is. And that specific commander crash should be fixed in the next update. Or if you can't wait, open "<PA install dir>/media/pa/units/commanders/raptor_xov/raptor_xov.json" and change "/pa/units/commanders/raptor_xov/raptor_xov.papa" to "/pa/units/commanders/raptor_xov/raptor_XOV.papa". It's one of those case-sensitive things.